Hard Disk light constantly on and transmitting 240 meg in ..

Hi

I am running Windows XP Professional. My hard disk light is on constantly,
internet response is slow and cumbersome and I have transmitted 240MB of
data to god knows what over 3 hours ! I have Norton Systemworks 2005 that
is up to date and Microsoft Anti Spyware installed. Neither can find a
problem, i.e no viruses or spyware. I have no file sharing programs active
but am worried my system is being compromised.

If anyone can suggest anything, your help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Jamie.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Better try ZoneAlarm as a firewall.

"Jamie Graham" <jg012a3999@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am running Windows XP Professional. My hard disk light is on constantly,
> internet response is slow and cumbersome and I have transmitted 240MB of
> data to god knows what over 3 hours ! I have Norton Systemworks 2005 that
> is up to date and Microsoft Anti Spyware installed. Neither can find a
> problem, i.e no viruses or spyware. I have no file sharing programs
> active but am worried my system is being compromised.
>
> If anyone can suggest anything, your help would be very much appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Jamie.

TRENDING THREADS