How to start in Safe Mode

I'm not familiar with XP. I'm trying to help my son with a problem.
How do I startup in Safe Mode?

On my PC I can press F8 on startup. Is it the same with XP?

Thanks,
Doug

Yes, that is one way.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode Windows XP
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=61#winxo

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23%23El1mcJFHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Doug Mc <NOSPAMdougandnancymcneill@chilitech.com> hunted and pecked:
> I'm not familiar with XP. I'm trying to help my son with a problem.
> How do I startup in Safe Mode?
>
> On my PC I can press F8 on startup. Is it the same with XP?
>
> Thanks,
> Doug

To start in safe mode

* click on start
* click on run
* type in: msconfig
* click on ok

it will open up a box called "system configuration utility"

*click on the tab called "BOOT.INI
*put a tick next to where it says "safeboot"
* click on apply
* click on ok
if it asks you to accept changes ~~~ please do so (some xp systems dont ask
this some do)

* reboot

your system will start up in safe mode :)

cheers

"Doug Mc" wrote:

> I'm not familiar with XP. I'm trying to help my son with a problem.
> How do I startup in Safe Mode?
>
> On my PC I can press F8 on startup. Is it the same with XP?
>
> Thanks,
> Doug

Thanks to you both.
We're all set now.