Reinstalling XP2 onto XP1

I installed Windows XP2 into Windows XP Home Edition because
Windows needed DirectX 9c before it would install the latest Nvidia chipset
drivers .
But the instructions for installing XP2 state to have the latest drivers
install before XP2 is installed .
Would my installation be OK . Would there be something I should do after
installing SP2 .
I have already done CheckDisk and defraged and Disk Cleanup .
Thanks for offering your valuable time .

You do not necessarily need to have the updated drivers before installing
SP-2.
Sometimes it is necessary to prevent specific problems.

You can install DX 9.0c without SP-2 being installed.
Follow Steps #2 - #9 on this link to install DX 9.0c:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/819696.htm

Also see the Service Pack Installation Checklist:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

"Umwhat" <Umwhat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed Windows XP2 into Windows XP Home Edition because
> Windows needed DirectX 9c before it would install the latest Nvidia
> chipset
> drivers .
> But the instructions for installing XP2 state to have the latest drivers
> install before XP2 is installed .
> Would my installation be OK . Would there be something I should do after
> installing SP2 .
> I have already done CheckDisk and defraged and Disk Cleanup .
> Thanks for offering your valuable time .

I had loaded Direct X 9c from the CD to the computer but could not type
the path Windows asked me for to continue with the installation .
Can you tell me what I should have typed please , then I can install XP1
then DirectX9c then the updated chipset drivers from CD and then XP2 , which
seems a better approach to having updated drivers before I load SP2 .
Might be easier on the computer , maybe , and I do have this week power
thing making the harddrive clicking .

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> You do not necessarily need to have the updated drivers before installing
> SP-2.
> Sometimes it is necessary to prevent specific problems.
>
> You can install DX 9.0c without SP-2 being installed.
> Follow Steps #2 - #9 on this link to install DX 9.0c:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/819696.htm
>
> Also see the Service Pack Installation Checklist:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spackins.htm
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
>

> "Umwhat" <Umwhat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I installed Windows XP2 into Windows XP Home Edition because
> > Windows needed DirectX 9c before it would install the latest Nvidia
> > chipset
> > drivers .
> > But the instructions for installing XP2 state to have the latest drivers
> > install before XP2 is installed .
> > Would my installation be OK . Would there be something I should do after
> > installing SP2 .
> > I have already done CheckDisk and defraged and Disk Cleanup .
> > Thanks for offering your valuable time .

..........but it does not matter because I could install Windows XP Home
Edition then SP2 Update then the updated chipset drivers without problems ,
yes yes yes .....