Hi! I'm currently searching a gaming laptop for a friend of mine. I found this form in the other thread and copied it nastily.
1. What is your budget? About $2000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Should be portable, so no 17" otherwise i won't need a notebook
3. What screen resolution do you want? At least Full HD resolution
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? It's going to be his main machine and he currently owns a desktop.
5. How much battery life do you need? As much as possible. He will need it at university as well so I think it will be an issue.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Currently and as far as I know just League of Legends at the highest possible settings. But in future probably Guild Wars 2.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? University stuff
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? An SSD would be realy nice as I am currently owning one and I thrilled by the high performance. Having one in a mobile device will further increase the overall performance, wouldn't it? :>
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. As we are living in Switzerland, I'd like to see tech available here e.g. market brands as Dell, Asus, HP
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? He stated that he'd need an Blu-Ray drive. But I think it wouldn't be that important considering that he's rarely renting or even buying any films and games won't be published on Blu-Rays rather than via Internet
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I don't have any knowledge about manufactorers at all as I'm an avid Mac user and build my gaming rigs by myself
13. What country do you live in? As stated before, Switzerland.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. That would be the SSD and additionally he wants to buy an external monitor for gaming at home. So if you have any knowledge in this area, it would be acknowledged.
@ 2,91 kg the HP dv6-6c50ez is more both lighter and thinner plus being more restrained in appearance.
It's available options include: Core i7-2670QM CPU, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD (upgrade to 7200rpm if possible), 15.6" 1920x1080 anti-glare LCD with Radeon HD 7690M XT graphics card.
The 'best guess' for Guild Wars 2 system requirements that I could find where @ http://www.guildwars2.com/en/faq/#thirteenhttp://www.gu...[/url" target="_blank"> "The system requirements haven't been finalized, but just as with the original Guild Wars series, we're committed to creating a beautiful game that will play great on mid-range gaming PCs."
The Radeon HD 7690M laptop graphics card is roughly equal with a Radeon HD 5670 desktop graphics card. My guess is the HP dv6 would run Guild Wars 2 well, but maybe not at maximum settings.