Intel HD 3000 graphcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambostyrer

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
A friend of mine is about to buy a Laptop on sale, but didn't know if the graphics chip is good enough for gaming.

I know absolutely nothing about labtop graphics, so I would like to know what kind of performance can you get from this chip, and what desktop chip would it compare to.

also see this chart. Its not something you would ever want to game on.

www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

(I swear its there just really really really far down LOL)

phatthefirst

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
this chip is only good enough for the lightest of gaming at low resolutions. try googling "cheap gaming laptops" or something like that.

theres a review of the chip here:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Intel-HD-Graphics-3000-graphics-solution.43710.0.html

bear in mind that this a an "integrated" solution, and not for gaming. integrated solution are inside the cpu.
for gaming you'll want a "dedicated" solution, which is a separate chip on its own.

in answer to the question, i would say it is lower than even a low end desktop chip.

Zero_

Distinguished
Agree with all of the people above. However, it is decent for older games. I recently played Heroes of Newerth on one and it got a decent 60 fps on medium settings (1280x1024).

Plays half life 2 fairly nicely aswell, and WoW at medium res/medium low settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS