Sign in with
Your question

AD Schema Extend for SCCM-Multiple SCCM Trees

Last response: in Business Computing
July 2, 2012 12:33:14 AM

Hello I work in Company with Multiple Divisions, which each have a IT Unit that provides basic IT Support for them as well as file, print & wireless networking services. The entire company shares a Single Active Directory Domain & the Main IT Department Maintains it along with Interbuilding Network, Internet Access, Microsoft Exchange & Other Services. I am in Charge of Directory Services for the Main Company.

Our Divisions are starting to want to use sccm, as is the main company. The Divisions SCCM infrastructure will be separate from the main companies as well as each other. My question is how do I extend the Active Directory Schema so that the Divisions & Main Company SCCM can utilize it?
July 2, 2012 11:15:33 AM

mitchell3405 said:
Hello I work in Company with Multiple Divisions, which each have a IT Unit that provides basic IT Support for them as well as file, print & wireless networking services. The entire company shares a Single Active Directory Domain & the Main IT Department Maintains it along with Interbuilding Network, Internet Access, Microsoft Exchange & Other Services. I am in Charge of Directory Services for the Main Company.

Our Divisions are starting to want to use sccm, as is the main company. The Divisions SCCM infrastructure will be separate from the main companies as well as each other. My question is how do I extend the Active Directory Schema so that the Divisions & Main Company SCCM can utilize it?

Interesting, so you want to be able to have multiple seperate instances of SCCM running that of course look at certain subsets of users based upon divisions? So SCCM would only target objects in a particular division?

Also what version of SCCM?
m
l
July 2, 2012 8:59:33 PM

SymbolicCenter said:
Interesting, so you want to be able to have multiple seperate instances of SCCM running that of course look at certain subsets of users based upon divisions? So SCCM would only target objects in a particular division?

Also what version of SCCM?

Yes to all of your Questions, Right Now the version all divisions would use is System Center Configuration Manger 2007 R3 with Forefront & MDT.
m
l
!