Sign in with
Your question

Wndow 8 beta

Last response: in Windows 8
August 8, 2012 4:36:00 PM

Hello,
I have window 7 intalled on my ASUS P5KPL -AM/PS MOTHER BOARD and INTEL CORE 2 duo proccessr but I am unable to instal window 8 beta version through Vertual Box V P Singh

More about : wndow beta

a b V Motherboard
August 8, 2012 5:39:18 PM

singhvpms said:
Hello,
I have window 7 intalled on my ASUS P5KPL -AM/PS MOTHER BOARD and INTEL CORE 2 duo proccessr but I am unable to instal window 8 beta version through Vertual Box V P Singh

Have you enabled virtualization in the BIOS?
m
l
August 8, 2012 6:03:09 PM

Why would you even bother installing windows 8 on anything?
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b * Windows 8
August 8, 2012 6:30:17 PM

+1 to DarkOutlaw

I would not waste any time with 8
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b * Windows 8
August 9, 2012 6:08:14 AM

Because some people actually want to try the product out for themselves? Some of them, like myself, actually like the product when they do. I will be moving all 3 of my systems over to Windows 8 as soon as it is available through my Technet subscription.

@ OP

As Max said above, first make sure you have enabled Virtualization in your system's BIOS. A lot of OEM's leave this option off by default for some reason (why they do this, I have never understood).
m
l
August 11, 2012 4:31:25 PM

DarkOutlaw said:

You're the sort of person who puts the gaming community to shame. Jumping on and bullying anything new with false accusations and complete rubbish. I will defend Windows 8 until Windows 9. It's a great operating system and I can't wait to upgrade to the official copy. Been running Release Preview for a long time with no problems. If anything, it's far quicker and better than the sluggish ways of Windows 7!
m
l
a c 129 V Motherboard
a b * Windows 8
August 11, 2012 4:59:45 PM

DarkOutlaw said:

anonymous1 said:
+1 to DarkOutlaw

I would not waste any time with 8

While everyone is entitled to an opinion, This does not help the OP at all.

If you have space, Win8 should run better on it's own partition.

From my experience, Win8 runs just fine and is actually quite fast. It is not without its bugs, but what unreleased software is not. As far as "Metro" goes, yes it is different and strange. That is about it, once you hit desktop, everything else works as you would expect it to. "Metro" as a search/program launcher(Start screen) works just like the start menu and just takes getting used to.

As for all the gamers complaining, I guess they never used it. All my games work on 8 just like they do in 7.

This reminds me so much of Vista when people who never used it just complained all day about it, yet after SP1(The time I picked it up) it worked just fine on any decent system. Drivers caused 99% of Vista issues(companies did not take the time to adjust to the new driver model for video/sound. They had a preview version for long enough to at least try harder).
m
l
August 12, 2012 6:32:27 AM

I personally just jumped right into the windows 8 thing. I have a friend who threw the evaluation copy on one of his laptops. When I saw how fast his laptop started up from a cold boot.. I was amazed! Now mind you.. with my custom rig here.. it doesnt boot up as fast.. but still faster than windows 7! I went home that night and installed windows 8 on this computer! I it a lot faster, and I'm not even done toying with it yet. I've only had windows 7 professional 64 bit for 3 weeks before i saw he had 8! Only problem I've had so far was downloading certain software. That is to be expected with a whole new OS.. (same with vista) But it'll work it self out. Nvidia even has drivers for 8 already! I didn't even have to update anything after installing 8. Now how cool is that. All the games and such I do on here, run just as smooth (if not better) than before. Everyone has an opinion.. but try it for yourself before you knock it :) 
m
l
!