Help & support Center, Search and Users

I can't get the Help & Support Center and Search functions to load. In
addition Users in Control Panel will not load. Anyone have any ideas?
8 answers Last reply
More about help support center search users

    Have you run an anti vrus scan and an anti spyware scan?

    "BAR" wrote:

    > Have you run an anti vrus scan and an anti spyware scan?
    >
    > "Lou" wrote:
    >
    > > I can't get the Help & Support Center and Search functions to load. In
    > > addition Users in Control Panel will not load. Anyone have any ideas?
    Yes I ran virus and anti spyware scans. I am having trouble loading Norton
    System Works 2005 edition, could that have anything to do with it?

    Lou,

    For the Help and Support Center problem, see if these commands help, from
    Start, Run dialog:

    helpctr -regserver
    regsvr32 itss
    regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx
    regsvr32 jscript

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I can't get the Help & Support Center and Search functions to load. In
    > addition Users in Control Panel will not load. Anyone have any ideas?

    Ramesh, you rule! I have been working on this problem for three weeks and
    finally stumbled on to your comments.. They did the job. By the way one
    other program that didn't work also came back to life, the system/restore.
    One techie guy told me the only way to fix this was to reformat my hard
    drive. I said "No way!"

    Good job
    many thanks

    Jim S

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Lou,
    >
    > For the Help and Support Center problem, see if these commands help, from
    > Start, Run dialog:
    >
    > helpctr -regserver
    > regsvr32 itss
    > regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx
    > regsvr32 jscript
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I can't get the Help & Support Center and Search functions to load. In
    > > addition Users in Control Panel will not load. Anyone have any ideas?

    You're very welcome Jim. Thanks for replying!

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "jim S" <jim S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Ramesh, you rule! I have been working on this problem for three weeks
    > and
    > finally stumbled on to your comments.. They did the job. By the way one
    > other program that didn't work also came back to life, the system/restore.
    > One techie guy told me the only way to fix this was to reformat my hard
    > drive. I said "No way!"
    >
    > Good job
    > many thanks
    >
    > Jim S
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Lou,
    >>
    >> For the Help and Support Center problem, see if these commands help, from
    >> Start, Run dialog:
    >>
    >> helpctr -regserver
    >> regsvr32 itss
    >> regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx
    >> regsvr32 jscript
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I can't get the Help & Support Center and Search functions to load. In
    >> > addition Users in Control Panel will not load. Anyone have any ideas?

    Thank a lot Ramesh. I've been wrestling with is one all day on one of my PCs.
    The regsvr32 itss command seems to have brought my Help & Support Center
    screen back.

    Mike.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Lou,
    >
    > For the Help and Support Center problem, see if these commands help, from
    > Start, Run dialog:
    >
    > helpctr -regserver
    > regsvr32 itss
    > regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx
    > regsvr32 jscript
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I can't get the Help & Support Center and Search functions to load. In
    > > addition Users in Control Panel will not load. Anyone have any ideas?

    You're welcome Mike,

    --

    > Thank a lot Ramesh. I've been wrestling with is one all day on one of my
    > PCs.
    > The regsvr32 itss command seems to have brought my Help & Support Center
    > screen back.
    >
    > Mike.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Lou,
    >>
    >> For the Help and Support Center problem, see if these commands help, from
    >> Start, Run dialog:
    >>
    >> helpctr -regserver
    >> regsvr32 itss
    >> regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx
    >> regsvr32 jscript
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I can't get the Help & Support Center and Search functions to load. In
    >> > addition Users in Control Panel will not load. Anyone have any ideas?

    I tried these, as I am also having a lot of problems with the Help and
    Support Center, and "helpctr -regserver" does not work. It can't find such a
    program. Now what?

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Lou,
    >
    > For the Help and Support Center problem, see if these commands help, from
    > Start, Run dialog:
    >
    > helpctr -regserver
    > regsvr32 itss
    > regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx
    > regsvr32 jscript
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I can't get the Help & Support Center and Search functions to load. In
    > > addition Users in Control Panel will not load. Anyone have any ideas?

Control Panel Support Microsoft Windows XP