Icon in screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamaaltrechsel

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hey, the day before yesterday, I could use my laptop without any problems. When I went to bed I shut it off, as I do everytime. But yesterday when I turned it back on there was an icon in the middle of the screen. It hasn't gone away since then. I tried to search what the problem was, but I couldn't find any answer. The icon shows a transparant gray background, with a darker gray square in front of it with a lightblue border. Inside this square, it shows a white laptop. Please help me.

jinjamankukki

Reputable
May 29, 2014

I know it's an old post, but I just had this problem myself on an acer aspire 5920, running windows 7, and I couldn't find a solution anywhere, but I finally managed to get rid of it so I thought I'd share it in case someone else is experiencing the same issue. so what worked for me was uninstalling the Acer Launch Manager app and the icon instantly disappeared. Rebooted and it's still gone. I don't know what the issue was with the app exactly, but I'd rather not use the app than have a 'sticker' on my screen at all times.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.