Abit IS7
Pent 4 2.4C
Ati 9700 np (ati board)
512 XMS cosair Dual DDR ram
SATA Seagate 80 gig hard drive
Antec case with 430 psu
Sony Dvd
Sony dvd/+-RW

It said the error was caused by the following file ATI2dvag.

Technical Information

* * * Stop: 0x000000EA

I would apreciate any help you can give me

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
the ATI2dvag is a .dll (application extension) file. It is your driver for your video card. In order to actually help you, you'll need to tell the following:

-What you were doing when it crashed i.e. gaming, movie watching, etc.

-what version of windows you are using

-what driver version from ATI you are using...if you don't know and only are using what they provided for you on the CD that came with the vid card then you can update those drivers to the recent catalysts from ati.com

-what version of directX you are using. If you don't know, go to the start button, select 'run' and then type 'dxdiag' and hit return. Look at the info displayed and it should tell you what version of directX you are running.

I think this is a directX driver problem and not a vid card problem...I've seen people in the past get the same problem with each vid card they stuck into their computer until they installed a new version of DX. Anyways, let us know all the info specified above and we can better answer your question.

<font color=red>Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems. </font color=red>
<font color=green>Homer Simpson</font color=green>

TKS

Lucas1223a

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
I was backin up a movie on my dvd burner

Running windows xp pro

I have catalyst 3.6 drivers for the ati 9700

Problem only happened once and I have been running my comp for last 24 hours and no other problems