Can you give me link/email address of where one submits bu..

JC

Hi,

This is very sad: I have been looking through the support.microsoft.com
website and I cannot find a link or email address for submitting bug
reports for a MS Window OS!

Can anyone help with providing this info for me?

bar

Faults with Windows, when they occur, automatically generate a error message
that you can choose to send to Microsoft.

If this isn't happening, then perhaps it isn't being identified as a Windows
error.

"JC" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is very sad: I have been looking through the support.microsoft.com
> website and I cannot find a link or email address for submitting bug
> reports for a MS Window OS!
>
> Can anyone help with providing this info for me?

What 'bug' have you found?

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"JC" <JC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> This is very sad: I have been looking through the support.microsoft.com
> website and I cannot find a link or email address for submitting bug
> reports for a MS Window OS!
>
> Can anyone help with providing this info for me?

JC

Hi,

I still have not found a link to submit the bug report. If you have that
information, please reply and provide it.

Anyway, to answer Mike Hall's question, here is the MS Window OS behaviour
which in my opinion is a bug:

There are certain application's which when one clicks on its main window's
minimize button (the standard one on the title bar), causes the application
to minimize itself into the icon tray instead of the toolbar. When that
occurs, the window focus gets assigned to the window's icon on the icon tray
instead of assigning it to the next window in the Z-order. This behaviour of
the focus assignment is what I think is a bug.

The reason why I think this is a bug is because that behaviour is contrary
to the behaviour exhibited by windows which minimize to the toolbar. When
those windows minimize to the toolbar, the focus get assigned to the next
window in the Z-order and not to the toolbar's minimized representation of
the window.

So there... Hopefully someone at microsoft reads this post, because
newsgroups seem to be the only place one can report to MS this sort of
problem.

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What 'bug' have you found?
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "JC" <JC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is very sad: I have been looking through the support.microsoft.com
> > website and I cannot find a link or email address for submitting bug
> > reports for a MS Window OS!
> >
> > Can anyone help with providing this info for me?

JC

If the programs that exhibit this behaviour are not produced by Microsoft,
and I suspect that they aren't, then you should take issue with the program
authors and quit considering that everything you do not like is
automatically the fault of XP..

I have three instant messaging programs, McAfee Security Center, Stickies,
MS Outlook, Motherboard Monitor, and WeatherEye (not WeatherBUG) in my
system tray presently.. opening any one of them and minimising again returns
focus back to whatever is onscreen.. focus is not retained by anything in
the tray..

Do you have a list of programs that retain focus when minimized to the tray?