Seismic Assault and Crucible of Worlds

Crucible of Worlds
Card type: Artifact
Casting cost: 3
Oracle text: You may play land cards from your graveyard as though they were
in your hand.

Seismic Assault
Card type: Enchantment
Casting cost: RRR
Oracle text: Discard a land card: Seismic Assault deals 2 damage to target
creature or player.

Can I get an infinite combo going with these 2 cards in play?

Ie:

I discard a land card from my graveyard into my graveyard using Crucible
ability, repeat 10 times - opponent dead.

Thanks
Liam.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, MonoJoker wrote:

> Crucible of Worlds
> Card type: Artifact
> Casting cost: 3
> Oracle text: You may play land cards from your graveyard as though they were
> in your hand.
>
> Seismic Assault
> Card type: Enchantment
> Casting cost: RRR
> Oracle text: Discard a land card: Seismic Assault deals 2 damage to target
> creature or player.
>
> Can I get an infinite combo going with these 2 cards in play?
>
> Ie:
>
> I discard a land card from my graveyard into my graveyard using Crucible
> ability, repeat 10 times - opponent dead.

No, Seismic Assault lets you discard land cards from your *hand*.
Crucible of Worlds doesn't say anything about discarding cards from
your graveyard as though they were in your hand. And discarding a card
isn't the same thing as playing a card.

--
David

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:01:55 GMT, MonoJoker <monojoker@bigjobbies.com.au> wrote:
>Crucible of Worlds >Artifact >3
>You may play land cards from your graveyard as though they were in your hand.
>
>Seismic Assault >Enchantment >RRR
>Discard a land card: ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
>
>Can I get an infinite combo going with these 2 cards in play?

Not really. You can't play more than one land a turn.

>Ie:
>
>I discard a land card from my graveyard into my graveyard using Crucible
>ability, repeat 10 times - opponent dead.

Oh - no. Crucible of Worlds doesn't SAY anything about letting you DISCARD
cards "from your graveyard". All it lets you do is _play the land_ - this is
your special one-per-turn action that you can take during your Main phase
when the stack is empty, "laying a land".

Playing a land == laying the land, as the special action noted above.
Playing a spell or ability == announcing the spell or ability. That's
ALL that "playing a land/spell/ability/card" is - nothing more.

Crucible of Worlds does NOT allow you to (and does not SAY it allows you
to) play _the game as though_ land cards in your graveyard were in your
hand. ALL it lets you do? Is +play+ lands from your graveyard, in addition
to being able to play them from your hand in the normal way; it breaks no
other rules (and thus doesn't let you play MORE THAN ONE land on your turn,
even).

Dave

MonoJoker <monojoker@bigjobbies.com.au> wrote:

> I discard a land card from my graveyard into my graveyard using Crucible
> ability, repeat 10 times - opponent dead.

Wrong. You may play land cards from your graveyard as though they were
in your hand, yes -- but DISCARDING a land card is not PLAYING a land
card. Crucible does not allow you to discard land cards in your
graveyard as though they were in your hand, only to play them.

- ∞

--
I miei post non sbagliano. E' la realta' ad essere inesatta.