Al

MN-700 worked until Saturday both wired and wireless. Had
some spywhere that GREYED out management tool option
(would not allow me in). Took one CPU in to shop and had
cleaned with Adware 6 and spybot. Now mn-700 will work
but had to unhook other wired CPU. Problem now is
Wireless light will not illuminate and cannot get on
wirelessly. Reset base station several times.

The BNU management option not working can be something as simple as one of
ATI's graphics drivers, not a spyware, causing the issue. Not saying you
didn't have spyware or something on your machine, but you should have just
been able to reconnect to the base station and have it work. What the tech
did to your computer would not affect the MN-700's operation.

If you've now reset it, you need to go in and program your ISP settings
again because it is back to being default. Unplug the power for about five
minutes, then power it back up and connect it to your system again, go into
the default IP address of 192.168.2.1 in your browser address line, use the
default "admin" (without quotes) password and set it up again.
In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert

"Al" <almackay@islandtelecom.com> wrote in message
> MN-700 worked until Saturday both wired and wireless. Had
> some spywhere that GREYED out management tool option
> (would not allow me in). Took one CPU in to shop and had
> cleaned with Adware 6 and spybot. Now mn-700 will work
> but had to unhook other wired CPU. Problem now is
> Wireless light will not illuminate and cannot get on
> wirelessly. Reset base station several times.

Al

Can get into it but cannot get wireless connection or the
wireless green lcd light on base station to illuminate?

/nichol.mspx
>In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol
>
>Chris H.
>Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
>Associate Expert
>

>"Al" <almackay@islandtelecom.com> wrote in message
>> MN-700 worked until Saturday both wired and wireless.
Had
>> some spywhere that GREYED out management tool option
>> (would not allow me in). Took one CPU in to shop and
had
>> cleaned with Adware 6 and spybot. Now mn-700 will work
>> but had to unhook other wired CPU. Problem now is
>> Wireless light will not illuminate and cannot get on
>> wirelessly. Reset base station several times.
>

>.

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Then you should backup your settings so you don't have to do this again.
Bob

"Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The BNU management option not working can be something as simple as one of
> ATI's graphics drivers, not a spyware, causing the issue. Not saying you
> didn't have spyware or something on your machine, but you should have just
> been able to reconnect to the base station and have it work. What the
> tech did to your computer would not affect the MN-700's operation.
>
> If you've now reset it, you need to go in and program your ISP settings
> again because it is back to being default. Unplug the power for about
> five minutes, then power it back up and connect it to your system again,
> go into the default IP address of 192.168.2.1 in your browser address
> line, use the default "admin" (without quotes) password and set it up
> again.
> In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol
>
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "Al" <almackay@islandtelecom.com> wrote in message
>> MN-700 worked until Saturday both wired and wireless. Had
>> some spywhere that GREYED out management tool option
>> (would not allow me in). Took one CPU in to shop and had
>> cleaned with Adware 6 and spybot. Now mn-700 will work
>> but had to unhook other wired CPU. Problem now is
>> Wireless light will not illuminate and cannot get on
>> wirelessly. Reset base station several times.

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Go to base station management\security\wireless then turn on the wireless
signal or your laptop is not configured right.

Bob