continous loud beeps when computer starts up

when I start my computer, there is a continous beep and the screen stays
blank with just a flashing underscore, until I press a key then the beeps
stop and windows starts. Unfortunetely as I have to press a key, the command
'scan disk' is cancelled.
1 answer Last reply
More about continous loud beeps computer starts

    BIOS Beep Codes
    http://www.amptron.com/html/bios.beepcodes.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "ash de l'abbaye" wrote:

    | when I start my computer, there is a continous beep and the screen stays
    | blank with just a flashing underscore, until I press a key then the beeps
    | stop and windows starts. Unfortunetely as I have to press a key, the command
    | 'scan disk' is cancelled.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP