continous loud beeps when computer starts up

March 11, 2005 6:37:09 AM

when I start my computer, there is a continous beep and the screen stays
blank with just a flashing underscore, until I press a key then the beeps
stop and windows starts. Unfortunetely as I have to press a key, the command
'scan disk' is cancelled.
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 1:44:09 PM

BIOS Beep Codes