Control Panel Does Not Respond

I'm unable to open the Control Panel in Windows XP Pro. There are no error
messages appearing and every other function in Windows seem to be working.
--
Rich
1 answer Last reply

    If XP Pro, there are settings in Group Policy for Control Panel.

    Have a look at all of them.

    Start | Run | Type: gpedit.msc | OK |
    Navigate to >>>
    User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\
    Prohibit access to the Control Panel
    [[Disables all Control Panel programs.]]
    -----

    Also check TweakUI if you have it.

    TweakUI | Control Panel

    Also scan for viruses and scumware.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:3D5273AF-2243-4BD2-9CE5-1FA96CA2D1FE@microsoft.com,
    Rich <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    | I'm unable to open the Control Panel in Windows XP Pro. There are no
    | error messages appearing and every other function in Windows seem to
    | be working. --
    | Rich

Control Panel Support Microsoft Windows XP