Windows installer

Everytime I try to install a program using windows installer. I get an error
message, and it rolls back the installation. Now i am also getting a message
that the windows installer package could not be accessed. Any suggestions?

You might have received the following error while installing a program:

"Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. You may be
running in safe mode or Windows Installer may not be correctly installed. "

You can refer to the following Microsoft link for resolution:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q315346

"Brandon" wrote:

> Everytime I try to install a program using windows installer. I get an error
> message, and it rolls back the installation. Now i am also getting a message
> that the windows installer package could not be accessed. Any suggestions?

I have fixed the access problem, and now it rolls back the installation
because of a fatal error. it is only when i try to install a program using
windows installer. I dont have a problem using any other installer program. I
try to reinstall the windows installer package but i get an error saying that
the version i am trying to install is older than the one that i have. Any
suggestions?

"Brandon" wrote:

> Everytime I try to install a program using windows installer. I get an error
> message, and it rolls back the installation. Now i am also getting a message
> that the windows installer package could not be accessed. Any suggestions?

Windows Installer will not overwrite the new package with an old one. If you
are trying to upgrade a previous version(probably a higher version), you need
to uninstall the previous version manually and install the new msi