How many snow-covered lands are allowed in a deck ?

Hello,
Comp rules state that you may put as many basic lands in a deck as you
like. Also, the gatherer text for Snow-covered forest says that the
type of this card is snow-covered basic land - Forest.
Does that mean I can put more than 4 of my snow-covered Forest into my
deck ?
Thanks for your answer
Paul

paul.debakker@skynet.be writes:
> Hello,
> Comp rules state that you may put as many basic lands in a deck as you
> like. Also, the gatherer text for Snow-covered forest says that the
> type of this card is snow-covered basic land - Forest.
> Does that mean I can put more than 4 of my snow-covered Forest into my
> deck ?

That's exactly what that means. They're Basic Lands, so you can put as
many as you want in your deck.

Note that for Organized Play, most formats don't allow cards that old,
so you won't be able to use them at your local Friday Night Magic
Standard tournament. But for casually with your friends, or a
Legacy/Vintage tournament, they're certainly fine.

--
Peter C.
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the

paul.debakker@skynet.be sent:
> Hello,
> Comp rules state that you may put as many basic lands in a deck as you
> like. Also, the gatherer text for Snow-covered forest says that the
> type of this card is snow-covered basic land - Forest.
> Does that mean I can put more than 4 of my snow-covered Forest into my
> deck ?

Yes. If there ever happens to be any other kind of basic land in
the future, you'll also be able to have more than four copies of
those. Just look for the word 'Basic' on the type line in Gatherer.

Remember that the four-of rule doesn't apply in some of the
tournament formats, particularly in draft for example.

--
-- zoe

paul.debakker@skynet.be <paul.debakker@skynet.be> wrote:
>Comp rules state that you may put as many basic lands in a deck as you
>like. Also, the gatherer text for Snow-covered forest says that the
>type of this card is snow-covered basic land - Forest.
>Does that mean I can put more than 4 of my snow-covered Forest into my
>deck ?

Yep. (As long as Snow-Covered Forest is legal at all in the tournament type
you are playing in, of course; it's not legal in Extended or in Type II
tournaments, because they were only printed in Ice Age and never reprinted.)

Snow-covered lands are basic lands (205.4b). So in any format they ARE legal
in, you may put as many in your deck as you like (100.2).

Dave