Removing microsoft xp Restore microsoft Millenium

March 11, 2005 10:19:01 AM

I had just installed xp on to what was Millenium, and did not realize that
none of the folders(Word, music, sonicsatge etc) would not get automatically
transferedto xp, is there any way of restoring back to melenium or
transfering the folders as they are always on the hard drive. Cheers
March 11, 2005 11:19:04 AM

Did you do an upgrade install or a clean install?

"Nick sheehan" wrote:

> I had just installed xp on to what was Millenium, and did not realize that
> none of the folders(Word, music, sonicsatge etc) would not get automatically
> transferedto xp, is there any way of restoring back to melenium or
> transfering the folders as they are always on the hard drive. Cheers
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 5:54:59 PM

Nick sheehan wrote:
> I had just installed xp on to what was Millenium, and did not realize that
> none of the folders(Word, music, sonicsatge etc) would not get automatically
> transferedto xp, is there any way of restoring back to melenium or
> transfering the folders as they are always on the hard drive. Cheers

The normal way to "uninstall" any operating system is to format
the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.

However, if you performed an upgrade from Win98/Me, elected to
backup the old system files, and didn't convert the partition to NTFS,
can you then boot into Safe Mode and click Start > Control Panel >
Add/Remove Programs. All of these conditions must be met for the
uninstall option to be available.

Otherwise:

How to Manually Remove Win XP and Restore Win9x
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314052

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: