home networking on a laptop belonging to Domain at work

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I realize in order for home networking to work
bidirectionaly, I need to have all home PCs on the same
workgroup. But if I want to connect my work laptop which
is part of corporate domain at work, how can I get to
shared files at home without making it part of the home
workgroup. I don't necessarily want to share the files on
my work laptop. I just want to get to files on my other
home computers.
I read on Microsoft's site that it is possible to get to
shared files without becoming part of the workgroup, but
it didn't say how to do it.

laving

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2008
i face the same problem, now having already 2 different laptops time to time at home from different domains which i can not modify to work with my home workgroup. i use zyxel router, maybe somebody can give good advise what to do?