Over the last couple of days I started getting the error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program:C:\WINNT\system32\8122.exe
Abnormal program termination

Anybody know what this is and how to fix it?

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"SAF" <SAF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03CF44FD-36E5-4680-A29C-7B9BF53F6361@microsoft.com...
> Over the last couple of days I started getting the error message:
>
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> Runtime Error!
> Program:C:\WINNT\system32\8122.exe
> Abnormal program termination
>
> Anybody know what this is and how to fix it?

Mary

"SAF" wrote:

> Over the last couple of days I started getting the error message:
>
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> Runtime Error!
> Program:C:\WINNT\system32\8122.exe
> Abnormal program termination
>
> Anybody know what this is and how to fix it?

Sorry I cannot help you, but if you find an answer please let me know, I am
having the same problem - just a different program name. Am new to
computers so don't have any idea what is wrong or how to fix it. Mary