Driver loading problems

A technical member of staff left our small company after an argument. Since
then we have had lots of problems with one stand-alone pc. We are fairly
certain he did something nasty to the machine but we don't know what.

We have replaced the hard drive and re-installed XP Professional but it
still keeps saying it can't load basic drivers like CD, DVD drive etc.

Could anything have been done to the BIOS to cause this problem.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

Noel

Go into BIOS and set it to OPTIMAL.. that will reset everything in BIOS to
defaults that put no pressure on the system..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Noel S Pamfree" <Noel.spamfree@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>A technical member of staff left our small company after an argument. Since
>then we have had lots of problems with one stand-alone pc. We are fairly
>certain he did something nasty to the machine but we don't know what.
>
> We have replaced the hard drive and re-installed XP Professional but it
> still keeps saying it can't load basic drivers like CD, DVD drive etc.
>
> Could anything have been done to the BIOS to cause this problem.
>
> Any help or suggestions gratefully received.
>
> Noel

Thanks.

I have managed to get into the BIOS but I can't find anything obvious to
reset it to factory settings or optimum.

Can you suggest anything else I could look for?

Thanks,

Noel
> Go into BIOS and set it to OPTIMAL.. that will reset everything in BIOS to
> defaults that put no pressure on the system..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Noel S Pamfree" <Noel.spamfree@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>A technical member of staff left our small company after an argument.
>>Since then we have had lots of problems with one stand-alone pc. We are
>>fairly certain he did something nasty to the machine but we don't know
>>what.
>>
>> We have replaced the hard drive and re-installed XP Professional but it
>> still keeps saying it can't load basic drivers like CD, DVD drive etc.
>>
>> Could anything have been done to the BIOS to cause this problem.
>>
>> Any help or suggestions gratefully received.
>>
>> Noel

Noel

You should find it in the section 'Load BIOS defaults'.. if you have a
motherboard manual, there is a section that covers this..