Best laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarde

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
1. What is your budget? up to $800 - $1000 depending on how many of my wanted features are included

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14" or more. I'd kind of like a 17" but I'm a student and know that could get heavy. Not terribly worried about weight though.

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p or better. Will settle though.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Dekstop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? Not too picky. Couple hours or more.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Skyrim, WoW, some RTS games. As high as possible, but will certainly settle for Low on demanding games.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Homework, Computer programming, web browsing with 5 or more tabs open, some music editing and possible video editing. Lot's of multitasking.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB or more

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y570http://shop.lenovo.com/us/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y570

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? at least a few years (3+). I've had my current laptop for 6 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? As good as I can get. I'd like a DL DVD writer or bluray writer, but not too picky here.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I like Toshiba because I've seen their laptops keep chugging through anything, but I'm not too picky about brand. Kind of don't like HP due to bad things I've heard. Currently looking at Lenovo.

13. What country do you live in? U.S.A.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm currently looking at some of Lenovo's y570's. I'd like an i7 quad-core, 8GB memory, and dedicated graphics and the y570 has all of this for $800-$1000. I'd also kind of like an SSD along with a HDD for faster bootup times, but it's not worth the apparent cost to me. I'm living on a borrowed money college budget, so I'm looking for the best bang for my buck.

reinbert

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
I don´t like lenovo, just had some problems with the notebook overheating while playing games...
they won´t do anything untill your graphics board burns... But then they send a service man and change it for free, you just need to persuade the support before, that the problem can't be fixed by updates or analyzed by the PC-doctore (that´s lenovos hardware for testing the harddrive...)
So i´d say lenovo is perfect in cases of service and quality... but not the best for playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.