Furnace of Rath and Reprecussion

Hello,

I was curious about the effects when both Repercussion and Furnace of
Rath are in play. If damage is done to a creature, would that
creature's controller end up being dealt 4x that amount?

For example: my opponent has a creature in play and I play a Lightning
Bolt. Normally the creature would take 3 damage, but due to Furnace of
Rath, it gets 6. Repercussion is then a source of 6 damage to my
opponent, but due to Furnace of Rath, it becomes 12.

Is this correct?

Lightning Bolt
Instant
Lightning Bolt deals 3 damage to target creature or player.

Repercussion
1RR
Enchantment
Whenever a creature is dealt damage, Repercussion deals that much damage
to that creature¹s controller.

Furnace of Rath
1RRR
Enchantment
If a source would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals double
that damage to that creature or player instead.

Rudolf <rthered@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was curious about the effects when both Repercussion and Furnace of
> Rath are in play. If damage is done to a creature, would that
> creature's controller end up being dealt 4x that amount?
>
> For example: my opponent has a creature in play and I play a Lightning
> Bolt. Normally the creature would take 3 damage, but due to Furnace of
> Rath, it gets 6. Repercussion is then a source of 6 damage to my
> opponent, but due to Furnace of Rath, it becomes 12.
>
> Is this correct?

That's what it looks like.
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@iquest.net

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:15:12 -0600, Rudolf <rthered@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>I was curious about the effects when both Repercussion and Furnace of
>Rath are in play. If damage is done to a creature, would that
>creature's controller end up being dealt 4x that amount?

Yes. And no. Yes, 4x the amount that was intended to be dealt to the creature
originally will get dealt to its controller. No, ony 2x the amount that
_actually_ gets dealt to the creature will get dealt to its controller.

>For example: my opponent has a creature in play and I play a Lightning
>Bolt. Normally the creature would take 3 damage, but due to Furnace of
>Rath, it gets 6. Repercussion is then a source of 6 damage to my
>opponent, but due to Furnace of Rath, it becomes 12.
>
>Is this correct?

This is correct - but notice that the damage dealt to the creature was
actually 6, and 12 is only 2x6 (but is 4x3, yes).

Dave