D800 GeForce Go6560, poor video performance?

Help needed,

I have attempted to use several nvidia driver versions and the dell
nvidoa driver to no avail. I get poor Direct X and Open GL performance.
I have tried playing games and running screen savers only to have my
laptop go into overdrive like the GPU is not handeling any of the work.

10 FPS in doom 3 @ 640x480 low everything
30 FPS in Ride of Nations @ 1600x1200 high everything

I would love to run other tests, but I don't have any other games. I am
downloading the SiSoft sandra and 3dMark now to test with and I will
post those numbers when I have them.

specs for reference.
2Ghz Pentuim M
1024mb RAM
60Gb 7200 RPM drive
128Mb FeForce Go5650
WUXGA screen (1920x1200)
DVD/CDR
802.11 a/b/g
Bluetooth

Thanks all,
Terracnosaur

BigJim

To run doom at high speed you need a high end video card like a nvidia 6800
to get the best performance. It is a very demanding game.
<terracnosaur@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Help needed,
>
> I have attempted to use several nvidia driver versions and the dell
> nvidoa driver to no avail. I get poor Direct X and Open GL performance.
> I have tried playing games and running screen savers only to have my
> laptop go into overdrive like the GPU is not handeling any of the work.
>

> 10 FPS in doom 3 @ 640x480 low everything
> 30 FPS in Ride of Nations @ 1600x1200 high everything
>
> I would love to run other tests, but I don't have any other games. I am
> downloading the SiSoft sandra and 3dMark now to test with and I will
> post those numbers when I have them.
>
> specs for reference.
> 2Ghz Pentuim M
> 1024mb RAM
> 60Gb 7200 RPM drive
> 128Mb FeForce Go5650
> WUXGA screen (1920x1200)
> DVD/CDR
> 802.11 a/b/g
> Bluetooth
>
> Thanks all,
> Terracnosaur

plug it into the power outlet?

<terracnosaur@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Help needed,
>
> I have attempted to use several nvidia driver versions and the dell
> nvidoa driver to no avail. I get poor Direct X and Open GL performance.
> I have tried playing games and running screen savers only to have my
> laptop go into overdrive like the GPU is not handeling any of the work.
>

> 10 FPS in doom 3 @ 640x480 low everything
> 30 FPS in Ride of Nations @ 1600x1200 high everything
>
> I would love to run other tests, but I don't have any other games. I am
> downloading the SiSoft sandra and 3dMark now to test with and I will
> post those numbers when I have them.
>
> specs for reference.
> 2Ghz Pentuim M
> 1024mb RAM
> 60Gb 7200 RPM drive
> 128Mb FeForce Go5650
> WUXGA screen (1920x1200)
> DVD/CDR
> 802.11 a/b/g
> Bluetooth
>
> Thanks all,
> Terracnosaur

I understand this. But isn't a 128MB GeForce Go5650 at least capable of
running more than 10 FPS at the lowest settings (on a 2Ghz machine P/M
machine). Seems to me like this is a driver issue and I would like to
know if anyone knows which version of nvidias driver acheives highest
performance.

and please, no one say "the newest one" because thats not always true.
Terracnosaur