Wall of Nets

Creature - Wall
0/7
At end of combat, remove from the game all creatures blocked by Wall of
Nets. If Wall of Nets leaves play, return to play under their oweners'
control all creatures removed from the game with Wall of Nets.

What happens to any cards that are already 'on' the removed creature, such
as enchantments and equipment? Thanks.

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 08:33:07 GMT, Mother Farquhar <fake@ddress.com> wrote:
>Wall of Nets Creature - Wall
>0/7 At end of combat, remove from the game all creatures blocked by Wall of
>Nets. If Wall of Nets leaves play, return to play under their oweners'
>control all creatures removed from the game with Wall of Nets.

First: cut and paste is your friend. (This was either typed in from the card,
or typed in looking at an earlier Oracle wording; the former is more likely,
looking at the wording...)

Wall of Nets 1WW Creature - Wall
0/7 Defender (This creature can't attack.) At end of combat, remove from the
game all creatures blocked by Wall of Nets. / When Wall of Nets leaves play,
return to play under their owners control all creatures removed from the game
with Wall of Nets.

>What happens to any cards that are already 'on' the removed creature, such
>as enchantments and equipment? Thanks.

Wall of Nets doesn't do anything to them; it doesn't say to remove all
permanents attached to those creatures, for example.

The rules, however, do do something to them, at the state-based effects check
right after the creatures have vanished out from under them: Auras get put into
owner's graveyard, while Equipment stays in play but becomes unattached. The
Auras and Equipment do NOT get "put back onto" the cards that later come back
into play, either.

Dave

Mother Farquhar <fake@ddress.com> wrote:
> Wall of Nets
> Creature - Wall
> 0/7
> At end of combat, remove from the game all creatures blocked by Wall of
> Nets. If Wall of Nets leaves play, return to play under their oweners'
> control all creatures removed from the game with Wall of Nets.
> What happens to any cards that are already 'on' the removed creature, such
> as enchantments and equipment? Thanks.

Once the Wall's triggered 'remove from game' ability is done resolving,
before further triggered abilities can go onto the stack or either
player receives priority, there is a window for state-based effects.
At that point, enchantm...urrrgh, I mean 'Auras' not enchanting a legal
permanent go to the graveyard, and equipment that equips an illegal or
nonexisting permanent becomes unattached.
In other words, any Auras formerly enchanting any of the creatures
removed by the Wall's ability drop into the graveyard before anybody
can do anything in response, and any equipment formerly attached
likewise 'falls off', but remains in play because that's what equipment
*does*. :) They are neither removed from play along with the creatures
in question (don't laugh, I've seen somebody try that once with Safe
Haven), nor do they somehow automatically reattach if/when the creatures
return to play.

--
Klaus Mittag (mittag@informatik.uni-frankfurt.de)
#include <disclaimer.h>

"Mother Farquhar" <fake@ddress.com> wrote in message
> Wall of Nets
> Creature - Wall
> 0/7
> At end of combat, remove from the game all creatures blocked by Wall of
> Nets. If Wall of Nets leaves play, return to play under their oweners'
> control all creatures removed from the game with Wall of Nets.
>

> What happens to any cards that are already 'on' the removed creature, such
> as enchantments and equipment? Thanks.

Thanks for the help everybody :eek:)

TRENDING THREADS