Help! My PC keeps crashing! Can anyone decipher this messa..

March 12, 2005 11:35:21 AM

Hi Group

Recently, my PC keeps crashing on me. It seems to happen whenever there is
intensive hard drive activity going on, there is absolutely no warning,
within a blink of an eye, Windows disappears and it's rebooting from
scratch. When my machine finishes rebooting, Windows warns me that it has
recovered from a serious error and gives me the following information:

BCCode: 100000050 BCP1: C6521AB1 BCP2: 00000001 BCP3: 82043154
BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1

Anyone able to help me with what might be wrong? I have been religious about
defragging my drive regularly and I run anti-spyware stuff every other day
on it. I'm so confused!!

Thank you in anticipation!

Steve
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 11:35:22 AM

Hi Steve. I don't know if this will help you much, but I had the same problem
on another computer. The "mini-dumps" in the beginning were caused by my
video driver needing to be upgraded. Never had another mini-dump for 3 years.
Then they started again, and the computer tech told me that I had a bad spot
on my hard drive. I also found out that I was on a "popular dialup ISP" that
was causing the problem also with their upgraded software....not compatible
with XP evidently. I went to DSL, and haven't had a problem since....also
bought a new computer, LOL. I don't think that Microsoft really knows exactly
what causes them. The problem can be from various sources according to them.
Good Luck. Karla

"Steve Lawrence" wrote:

> Hi Group
>
> Recently, my PC keeps crashing on me. It seems to happen whenever there is
> intensive hard drive activity going on, there is absolutely no warning,
> within a blink of an eye, Windows disappears and it's rebooting from
> scratch. When my machine finishes rebooting, Windows warns me that it has
> recovered from a serious error and gives me the following information:
>
> BCCode: 100000050 BCP1: C6521AB1 BCP2: 00000001 BCP3: 82043154
> BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1
>
> Anyone able to help me with what might be wrong? I have been religious about
> defragging my drive regularly and I run anti-spyware stuff every other day
> on it. I'm so confused!!
>
> Thank you in anticipation!
>
> Steve

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 11:35:22 AM

Hi Steve

Is that the correct BCCode and not 0x00000050? If so, please have a look at
the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site - left hand
column(50):

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Steve Lawrence" <steve.lawrence@spam.xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hi Group
>
> Recently, my PC keeps crashing on me. It seems to happen whenever there is
> intensive hard drive activity going on, there is absolutely no warning,
> within a blink of an eye, Windows disappears and it's rebooting from
> scratch. When my machine finishes rebooting, Windows warns me that it has
> recovered from a serious error and gives me the following information:
>
> BCCode: 100000050 BCP1: C6521AB1 BCP2: 00000001 BCP3: 82043154
> BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1
>
> Anyone able to help me with what might be wrong? I have been religious
> about defragging my drive regularly and I run anti-spyware stuff every
> other day on it. I'm so confused!!
>
> Thank you in anticipation!
>
> Steve

March 12, 2005 11:35:22 AM

Oh, one more important thing...I had three "fried" fuses (?) on my
motherboard. You might try looking at that yourself for any damage. Mine was
obvious.

"Steve Lawrence" wrote:

> Hi Group
>
> Recently, my PC keeps crashing on me. It seems to happen whenever there is
> intensive hard drive activity going on, there is absolutely no warning,
> within a blink of an eye, Windows disappears and it's rebooting from
> scratch. When my machine finishes rebooting, Windows warns me that it has
> recovered from a serious error and gives me the following information:
>
> BCCode: 100000050 BCP1: C6521AB1 BCP2: 00000001 BCP3: 82043154
> BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1
>
> Anyone able to help me with what might be wrong? I have been religious about
> defragging my drive regularly and I run anti-spyware stuff every other day
> on it. I'm so confused!!
>
> Thank you in anticipation!
>
> Steve

March 12, 2005 8:02:02 PM

Steve Lawrence wrote:

> Recently, my PC keeps crashing on me. It seems to happen whenever there is
> intensive hard drive activity going on, there is absolutely no warning,
> within a blink of an eye, Windows disappears and it's rebooting from
> scratch. When my machine finishes rebooting, Windows warns me that it has
> recovered from a serious error and gives me the following information:
>
> BCCode: 100000050 BCP1: C6521AB1 BCP2: 00000001 BCP3: 82043154
> BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1
>
> Anyone able to help me with what might be wrong? I have been religious about
> defragging my drive regularly and I run anti-spyware stuff every other day
> on it. I'm so confused!!

To be safe, ensure that you have backups of everything
important on your machine. This is possibly caused by a
hardware error. It is NOT essential to defrag often, and in
fact it exercises the disk drive and may cause it to fail
earlier than it otherwise would.

Cheers,

Cliff