Help! My PC keeps crashing! Can anyone decipher this messa..

Hi Group

Recently, my PC keeps crashing on me. It seems to happen whenever there is
intensive hard drive activity going on, there is absolutely no warning,
within a blink of an eye, Windows disappears and it's rebooting from
scratch. When my machine finishes rebooting, Windows warns me that it has
recovered from a serious error and gives me the following information:

BCCode: 100000050 BCP1: C6521AB1 BCP2: 00000001 BCP3: 82043154
BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1

Anyone able to help me with what might be wrong? I have been religious about
defragging my drive regularly and I run anti-spyware stuff every other day
on it. I'm so confused!!

Thank you in anticipation!

Steve
4 answers Last reply
More about help crashing decipher messa

    Hi Steve. I don't know if this will help you much, but I had the same problem
    on another computer. The "mini-dumps" in the beginning were caused by my
    video driver needing to be upgraded. Never had another mini-dump for 3 years.
    Then they started again, and the computer tech told me that I had a bad spot
    on my hard drive. I also found out that I was on a "popular dialup ISP" that
    was causing the problem also with their upgraded software....not compatible
    with XP evidently. I went to DSL, and haven't had a problem since....also
    bought a new computer, LOL. I don't think that Microsoft really knows exactly
    what causes them. The problem can be from various sources according to them.
    Good Luck. Karla

    "Steve Lawrence" wrote:

    > Hi Group
    >
    > Recently, my PC keeps crashing on me. It seems to happen whenever there is
    > intensive hard drive activity going on, there is absolutely no warning,
    > within a blink of an eye, Windows disappears and it's rebooting from
    > scratch. When my machine finishes rebooting, Windows warns me that it has
    > recovered from a serious error and gives me the following information:
    >
    > BCCode: 100000050 BCP1: C6521AB1 BCP2: 00000001 BCP3: 82043154
    > BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1
    >
    > Anyone able to help me with what might be wrong? I have been religious about
    > defragging my drive regularly and I run anti-spyware stuff every other day
    > on it. I'm so confused!!
    >
    > Thank you in anticipation!
    >
    > Steve

    Hi Steve

    Is that the correct BCCode and not 0x00000050? If so, please have a look at
    the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site - left hand
    column(50):

    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Steve Lawrence" <steve.lawrence@spam.xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Hi Group
    >
    > Recently, my PC keeps crashing on me. It seems to happen whenever there is
    > intensive hard drive activity going on, there is absolutely no warning,
    > within a blink of an eye, Windows disappears and it's rebooting from
    > scratch. When my machine finishes rebooting, Windows warns me that it has
    > recovered from a serious error and gives me the following information:
    >
    > BCCode: 100000050 BCP1: C6521AB1 BCP2: 00000001 BCP3: 82043154
    > BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1
    >
    > Anyone able to help me with what might be wrong? I have been religious
    > about defragging my drive regularly and I run anti-spyware stuff every
    > other day on it. I'm so confused!!
    >
    > Thank you in anticipation!
    >
    > Steve

    Oh, one more important thing...I had three "fried" fuses (?) on my
    motherboard. You might try looking at that yourself for any damage. Mine was
    obvious.

    Steve Lawrence wrote:

    > Recently, my PC keeps crashing on me. It seems to happen whenever there is
    > intensive hard drive activity going on, there is absolutely no warning,
    > within a blink of an eye, Windows disappears and it's rebooting from
    > scratch. When my machine finishes rebooting, Windows warns me that it has
    > recovered from a serious error and gives me the following information:
    >
    > BCCode: 100000050 BCP1: C6521AB1 BCP2: 00000001 BCP3: 82043154
    > BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1
    >
    > Anyone able to help me with what might be wrong? I have been religious about
    > defragging my drive regularly and I run anti-spyware stuff every other day
    > on it. I'm so confused!!

    To be safe, ensure that you have backups of everything
    important on your machine. This is possibly caused by a
    hardware error. It is NOT essential to defrag often, and in
    fact it exercises the disk drive and may cause it to fail
    earlier than it otherwise would.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

Windows XP