New XP Install problems

I am building a new PC. Here are the specs:
P4 Intel 3.0 ghz on Epox MB (4PLAI)
Diamond Stealth 128 mb AGP video
Integrated sound and LAN
1gb DDR ram
300 gb SATA Maxtor HDD
500w power supply
Everytime I install XP, at the finishing installation (with about 7 min
left), my screen goes black. I have tried to replace video card with 4 dif
brand and models. Went from 300w power to 500w power supply. PC temp is
around 47 degrees. What is happening and what have I done wrong?
4 answers Last reply
More about install problems

    Well first off how does everything look in the bios area ? Is everything
    okay there ? Secondly have you notice any problems in the devise manager
    area ? Are you positive that your Processor and the Memory Ram sticks are
    compatible with your motherboard ? And what exact type of Windows xp are you
    using ?

    "dthang" <dthang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am building a new PC. Here are the specs:
    > P4 Intel 3.0 ghz on Epox MB (4PLAI)
    > Diamond Stealth 128 mb AGP video
    > Integrated sound and LAN
    > 1gb DDR ram
    > 300 gb SATA Maxtor HDD
    > 500w power supply
    > Everytime I install XP, at the finishing installation (with about 7 min
    > left), my screen goes black. I have tried to replace video card with 4 dif
    > brand and models. Went from 300w power to 500w power supply. PC temp is
    > around 47 degrees. What is happening and what have I done wrong?

    Sorry my mistake you can't view the devise manager area just of yet , but I
    would check to make sure either the Processor header pin aren't bent and
    that the bios area is correct and that the ram are in correctly too

    "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Well first off how does everything look in the bios area ? Is everything
    > okay there ? Secondly have you notice any problems in the devise manager
    > area ? Are you positive that your Processor and the Memory Ram sticks are
    > compatible with your motherboard ? And what exact type of Windows xp are
    > you using ?
    >

    > "dthang" <dthang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I am building a new PC. Here are the specs:
    >> P4 Intel 3.0 ghz on Epox MB (4PLAI)
    >> Diamond Stealth 128 mb AGP video
    >> Integrated sound and LAN
    >> 1gb DDR ram
    >> 300 gb SATA Maxtor HDD
    >> 500w power supply
    >> Everytime I install XP, at the finishing installation (with about 7 min
    >> left), my screen goes black. I have tried to replace video card with 4
    >> dif
    >> brand and models. Went from 300w power to 500w power supply. PC temp is
    >> around 47 degrees. What is happening and what have I done wrong?

    Can I suggest you check out a few tech support sites , I will add a few of
    them here , these forum sites can help , the people in them just love to fix
    problems , All you need to do is create account and log into them , take a
    look at a few of them below

    http://www.windowsbbs.com/index.php?s=

    http://forum.aumha.org/

    http://forums.techguy.org/

    http://www.pcmech.com/

    > Sorry my mistake you can't view the devise manager area just of yet , but
    > I would check to make sure either the Processor header pin aren't bent and
    > that the bios area is correct and that the ram are in correctly too
    >

    > "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Well first off how does everything look in the bios area ? Is everything
    >> okay there ? Secondly have you notice any problems in the devise manager
    >> area ? Are you positive that your Processor and the Memory Ram sticks are
    >> compatible with your motherboard ? And what exact type of Windows xp are
    >> you using ?
    >>

    >> "dthang" <dthang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>I am building a new PC. Here are the specs:
    >>> P4 Intel 3.0 ghz on Epox MB (4PLAI)
    >>> Diamond Stealth 128 mb AGP video
    >>> Integrated sound and LAN
    >>> 1gb DDR ram
    >>> 300 gb SATA Maxtor HDD
    >>> 500w power supply
    >>> Everytime I install XP, at the finishing installation (with about 7 min
    >>> left), my screen goes black. I have tried to replace video card with 4
    >>> dif
    >>> brand and models. Went from 300w power to 500w power supply. PC temp
    >>> is
    >>> around 47 degrees. What is happening and what have I done wrong?

    Thanks for the info. I have checked the bios and everything is ok. I even
    disabled USB legacy devices too. And yes, the board and memory stick is
    compatible. The DDR3200 is a good known working stick since I got it off my
    other PC that is running the same processor. I am trying to install XP Pro.

    "Road_Runner" wrote:

    > Can I suggest you check out a few tech support sites , I will add a few of
    > them here , these forum sites can help , the people in them just love to fix
    > problems , All you need to do is create account and log into them , take a
    > look at a few of them below
    >
    > http://www.windowsbbs.com/index.php?s=
    >
    > http://forum.aumha.org/
    >
    > http://forums.techguy.org/
    >
    > http://www.pcmech.com/
    >
    > "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Sorry my mistake you can't view the devise manager area just of yet , but
    > > I would check to make sure either the Processor header pin aren't bent and
    > > that the bios area is correct and that the ram are in correctly too
    > >

    > > "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Well first off how does everything look in the bios area ? Is everything
    > >> okay there ? Secondly have you notice any problems in the devise manager
    > >> area ? Are you positive that your Processor and the Memory Ram sticks are
    > >> compatible with your motherboard ? And what exact type of Windows xp are
    > >> you using ?
    > >>

    > >> "dthang" <dthang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Power Supplies Windows XP