Sign in with
Your question

Acer aspire one

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
June 16, 2010 2:51:50 AM

Hello,
I have run into a problem that has given me tons of issues.

Computer: Acer aspire one (win xp)

Issue: BSOD 0x00000073

Tried booting system, it goes to the win xp loading screen and then cuts to a system scan on c: drive. After that it goes to a BSOD 0x00000073(followed by some params) and then restarts immediately.

What have I tried:
Tried installing win 7 from external dvd drive as well as usb. Went into bios setup and changed boot priority to set usb cdrom and usb drives ahead of IDE0: HDD. When I try to boot from usb or cdrom, the same issue happens, It appears as though it's not even attempting to boot from the other options and is automatically using the HDD.

Also tried using "Alt+F10" and bootup with no luck. I could also use the recovery disk-but the computer won't boot from cdrom so that isn't an option either.

I'm kinda stuck there, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, the win 7 usb is bootable and correctly formatted as I just did another system restore on a different computer a few days ago.

Thanks, andy

More about : acer aspire

a c 215 $ Windows 7
June 16, 2010 4:59:15 AM

Bug Check 0x73: CONFIG_LIST_FAILED

The CONFIG_LIST_FAILED bug check has a value of 0x00000073. This bug check indicates that one of the top-level registry keys, also known as core system hives, cannot be linked in the registry tree.

---------------------

First thing to check is that you have sufficient hard drive space available. Note both the size of your hard drive, and the available drive space.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
June 16, 2010 11:56:00 AM

Thanks for the response. How should I go about doing that without being able to boot up the computer?

This is my friends computer that I am looking at and am not aware of the current hard drive details.
m
l
Related resources
a c 215 $ Windows 7
June 16, 2010 11:58:51 AM

Can you put the drive into another computer to check the space?
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
June 16, 2010 9:24:19 PM

Hmm, it would be quite the little task for me to remove the hdd and then hook it up to another system.

Are you suggesting this option for a possibility to free up some hdd and then it might boot okay? Or to check the status of the drive to see if it possibly needs to be replaced?

Nothing on the current system is necessary to recover in this process. Could an effective solution be to replace the hdd and then install win 7.

Just rambling out some ideas, any help is appreciated.

Thanks
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
June 16, 2010 9:52:11 PM

Quote:
Hmm, it would be quite the little task for me to remove the hdd and then hook it up to another system.

Are you suggesting this option for a possibility to free up some hdd and then it might boot okay? Or to check the status of the drive to see if it possibly needs to be replaced?

Nothing on the current system is necessary to recover in this process. Could an effective solution be to replace the hdd and then install win 7.

Just rambling out some ideas, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

One of the possible solutions listed on the Microsoft website for this bug check code indicated that clearing up some drive space would resolve the problem. If at all possible, I would try this first.
m
l
!