kallenin

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2002
Hi,

So...between the ATI All-in-Wonder 9800 Pro and the All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro...what's the difference? The price difference seems to be about $50, and I guess the 9800 is a bit newer, as I hope I'm recalling correctly (what were the release dates for them again?). The 9700 Pro seemed to get a crapload more awards than the 9800 Pro though...is that maybe because they were release relaticely soon after another, or what? IS there a major difference between the two?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The 9800 Pro is a revised 9700 Pro. The changes to the core are only those needed to make it stable at higher speeds, they are basically hardware patches. The card "supports newer features", but that's all through smoke and mirrors, aka drivers and card BIOS.

It does perform better and I believe run slightly cooler due to the various minor improvements to the core.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

recruit370

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2003
as i have heared the 9800 pro is better with aa and af a difference of 30 fps in ut2003 benchamrks with full aa and af

ALWAYS AIM LOW SO YOU CAN'T BE DISSAPOINTED