Thumbnail view wrong

March 11, 2005 4:41:07 PM

Thumbnails do not show the correct picture of image files. It appears that
the thumbnail is of the edited version of the image. The image file opens
correctly. My neighbor has the same problem and we cannot find a cause or
fix.

More about : thumbnail view wrong

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 9:51:07 PM

delete 'thumbs.db' , a hidden file.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"jerry of san francisco" <Jerry of San Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thumbnails do not show the correct picture of image files. It appears that
> the thumbnail is of the edited version of the image. The image file opens
> correctly. My neighbor has the same problem and we cannot find a cause or
> fix.
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 11:45:32 AM

Right-click the image file, and choose Refresh thumbnail.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"jerry of san francisco" <Jerry of San Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:9C45379E-7DB4-425C-B7FF-6126A0203D81@microsoft.com...
> Thumbnails do not show the correct picture of image files. It appears
> that
> the thumbnail is of the edited version of the image. The image file opens
> correctly. My neighbor has the same problem and we cannot find a cause or
> fix.
April 9, 2005 10:07:08 PM

Everytime I open folders the thumbnails are incorrect. I have tried
refreshing them and also deleting the thumbs.db files but it makes no
difference.

What else can I try as I really want the correct images to be
displayed?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Bubbles

> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "jerry of san francisco" <Jerry of San Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:9C45379E-7DB4-425C-B7FF-6126A0203D81@microsoft.com...
> > Thumbnails do not show the correct picture of image files. It appears
> > that
> > the thumbnail is of the edited version of the image. The image file opens
> > correctly. My neighbor has the same problem and we cannot find a cause or
> > fix.
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 2:03:33 PM

Try resetting the folders via Folder Options View tab. This should reset the
thumbnails assigned for all folders. You can customize the folder views
again.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"BubbleBlower" <bubbleblower_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I open folders the thumbnails are incorrect. I have tried
> refreshing them and also deleting the thumbs.db files but it makes no
> difference.
>
> What else can I try as I really want the correct images to be
> displayed?
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance.
>
> Bubbles
>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "jerry of san francisco" <Jerry of San
>> Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message
>> > Thumbnails do not show the correct picture of image files. It appears
>> > that
>> > the thumbnail is of the edited version of the image. The image file
>> > opens
>> > correctly. My neighbor has the same problem and we cannot find a cause
>> > or
>> > fix.
June 5, 2005 5:23:02 AM

I have the same thumbnail problem. If I choose one thumbnail and with right
mouse click update the thumbnail it shows the correct one but when I come
back to that folder the wrong thumbnail is back. Resetting all folders wont
help. This happaens for jpg pictures, bmp pictures shows correct thumbnail.
August 30, 2009 7:58:35 AM

Me 2.... but I cannnot find the 'thumbs.db' , a hidden file. :(  I tried pressing show all hiden files but still can't see the file name 'thumbs.db' . I'm using window vista by the way.
February 16, 2011 6:15:30 PM

I solved this the following way:
1) Select all thumbnails in folder and with right mouse click, then click on "Refresh thumbnail". Takes a while to refresh all .
2) Once all are refreshed, open the same folder from a different windows explorer folder session, this will show all correct thumbnails from the beginning.
3) Close trouble folder first and then last one.

Next time you open "trouble" folder all thumbnails will be OK
!