Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A Siren in my PC

Tags:
  • Support
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
March 11, 2005 5:05:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Guys, I heard a siren in my PC on several occassions last night. Any chance
any of you could tell me if this is an indicator to a serious problem, or
just that I am maxed on my memory?

More about : siren

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 7:11:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Nikos wrote:
> Guys, I heard a siren in my PC on several occassions last night. Any
> chance any of you could tell me if this is an indicator to a serious
> problem, or just that I am maxed on my memory?

Sounds like it might be overheating.

--
<- Shenan ->
--
The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
getting into before you jump in with both feet.
March 11, 2005 7:11:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks for responding. I'm not sure it's an overheat problem, but then again,
how do I check for that?

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Nikos wrote:
> > Guys, I heard a siren in my PC on several occassions last night. Any
> > chance any of you could tell me if this is an indicator to a serious
> > problem, or just that I am maxed on my memory?
>
> Sounds like it might be overheating.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->
> --
> The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
> yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
> responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
> getting into before you jump in with both feet.
>
>
>
Related resources
March 11, 2005 7:11:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hey Frogman,
Thanks for the input. One of the guys at the next cubicle also thinks it's a
memory problem. I do not however have rambooster installed on my PC. Would
the siren be a feature of XP Pro?
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 7:30:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Nikos wrote:
> Thanks for responding. I'm not sure it's an overheat problem, but
> then again, how do I check for that?

Well, if you were sure what the problem was, you wouldn't have asked, eh?
hehe

Does the siren go off often? If so, you can test it just by opening your
computer case and using your computer like that for a while.. If you hear
the "siren", place a fan blowing into the case.. If you don't hear a siren
anymore, heat is your problem.

(You can also just look for fans that are not moving, etc.)

--
<- Shenan ->
--
The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
getting into before you jump in with both feet.
March 11, 2005 7:30:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Last night was the first time it went off (in the 5-years I have had this
laptop) and it went off 3 times over a period of maybe 10-15 minutes. I just
checked my vent and my fan, and both are clear and working. I hope it's not
anything else.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Nikos wrote:
> > Thanks for responding. I'm not sure it's an overheat problem, but
> > then again, how do I check for that?
>
> Well, if you were sure what the problem was, you wouldn't have asked, eh?
> hehe
>
> Does the siren go off often? If so, you can test it just by opening your
> computer case and using your computer like that for a while.. If you hear
> the "siren", place a fan blowing into the case.. If you don't hear a siren
> anymore, heat is your problem.
>
> (You can also just look for fans that are not moving, etc.)
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->
> --
> The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
> yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
> responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
> getting into before you jump in with both feet.
>
>
>
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 8:23:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi I have a first step trouble shoot for you. Check your sound wave files
and what the siren is linked to. It may help you pinpoint the problem. Once
I was setting up different waves and forgot I set up a scream in the
waves...Windows opened with a loud scream instead of the simple "notes" wave
and I just about fell off my chair! Whew! Hope this helps a little.

"Nikos" wrote:

> Guys, I heard a siren in my PC on several occassions last night. Any chance
> any of you could tell me if this is an indicator to a serious problem, or
> just that I am maxed on my memory?
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 2:22:58 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:05:02 -0800
=?Utf-8?B?Tmlrb3M=?= croaked the following in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support...

> Guys, I heard a siren in my PC on several occassions last night. Any chance
> any of you could tell me if this is an indicator to a serious problem, or
> just that I am maxed on my memory?
>
>

If you have rambooster installed this sounds a siren when you are low on
memory.

--
Regards
frogman http://www.frogman.org.uk for free downloads and more...

If you think you're not confused, you're just not thinking too clearly
March 12, 2005 2:22:59 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hey Frogman,
Thanks for the input. One of the guys at the next cubicle also thinks it's a
memory problem. I do not however have rambooster installed on my PC. Would
the siren be a feature of XP Pro?



"frogman" wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:05:02 -0800
> =?Utf-8?B?Tmlrb3M=?= croaked the following in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support...
>
> > Guys, I heard a siren in my PC on several occassions last night. Any chance
> > any of you could tell me if this is an indicator to a serious problem, or
> > just that I am maxed on my memory?
> >
> >
>
> If you have rambooster installed this sounds a siren when you are low on
> memory.
>
> --
> Regards
> frogman http://www.frogman.org.uk for free downloads and more...
>
> If you think you're not confused, you're just not thinking too clearly
>
March 12, 2005 2:22:59 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hey Frogman,
Thanks for the input. One of the guys at the next cubicle also thinks it's a
memory problem. I do not however have rambooster installed on my PC. Would
the siren be a feature of XP Pro?



"frogman" wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:05:02 -0800
> =?Utf-8?B?Tmlrb3M=?= croaked the following in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support...
>
> > Guys, I heard a siren in my PC on several occassions last night. Any chance
> > any of you could tell me if this is an indicator to a serious problem, or
> > just that I am maxed on my memory?
> >
> >
>
> If you have rambooster installed this sounds a siren when you are low on
> memory.
>
> --
> Regards
> frogman http://www.frogman.org.uk for free downloads and more...
>
> If you think you're not confused, you're just not thinking too clearly
>
March 14, 2005 7:45:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi,
Thanks for your message. How do I check my wave files? And how do I checked
what the siren is linked to? This is something I've never played with and
it's the first time it's come up. So it might not be the wave files because I
don't even know how to open them. However, I did notice that everytime I play
a game, like Rogue Spear, the siren comes up - so it may be my computers
memory, or lack thereof.
Let me know what you think.
/s/
Nick.

"Psalmsong" wrote:

> Hi I have a first step trouble shoot for you. Check your sound wave files
> and what the siren is linked to. It may help you pinpoint the problem. Once
> I was setting up different waves and forgot I set up a scream in the
> waves...Windows opened with a loud scream instead of the simple "notes" wave
> and I just about fell off my chair! Whew! Hope this helps a little.
>
> "Nikos" wrote:
>
> > Guys, I heard a siren in my PC on several occassions last night. Any chance
> > any of you could tell me if this is an indicator to a serious problem, or
> > just that I am maxed on my memory?
!