Nomad mythmaker

I have been trying to make adeck with Nomad mythmaker

and this is the text for its ability

w Tap:
Put target Aura card from a graveyard into play attached to a creature
you control. (You control that Aura.)

My question is will this still work if a Dense Foilage is in play?

Dense Foilage is:

Creatures can't be the targets of spells.

I think my confusion is, the Nomad mythmaker does not target, but the
Aura might??

god_is_good478@yahoo.co.in wrote:
> I have been trying to make adeck with Nomad mythmaker
>
> and this is the text for its ability
>
> w Tap:
> Put target Aura card from a graveyard into play attached to a creature
> you control. (You control that Aura.)
>

> My question is will this still work if a Dense Foilage is in play?
>
> Dense Foilage is:
>
> Creatures can't be the targets of spells.
>

> I think my confusion is, the Nomad mythmaker does not target, but the
> Aura might??

The Auras target only when they are PLAYED, not when they are PUT INTO
PLAY (as Nomad Mythmaker does), so Dense Foilage works fine with that.
See rule 212.4e for details - especially the statement starting with
"If an Aura is coming into play to any other means...".

god_is_good478@yahoo.co.in <god_is_good478@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>I have been trying to make adeck with Nomad mythmaker
>
>and this is the text for its ability
>
>w Tap:
>Put target Aura card from a graveyard into play attached to a creature
>you control. (You control that Aura.)

Okay.

>My question is will this still work if a Dense Foilage is in play?
>
>Dense Foilage is:

("Foliage")

>Creatures can't be the targets of spells.

Yes, it will still work fine.

The Foliage doesn't stop the Mythmaker ability (which isn't a spell) from
targetting the Aura card in your graveyard (which isn't a creature in play).
It also doesn't stop things that say "attach this Aura to that permanent".

An Aura _spell_ that's on the stack, being cast, DOES target the permanent
it'll later get attached to. And Dense Foliage DOES stop you from casting
an Aura spell targetting a creature. But that's it; if it's in play on the
creature? It's not 'continuously targetting' it or anything like that, it's
just attached to it, enchanting it.

(Similarly, the Equip -ability- targets what the Equipment will get attached
to. But an Equipment sitting on top of a creature? Isn't targetting it, it's
just attached to it, equipping it.)

The Mythmaker's ability doesn't target the creature; the ability isn't a
spell; and the Aura -card- being put into play straight from the graveyard
also isn't a spell, and isn't targetting anything. Dense Foliage says "Ho hum,
nothing for me to do here, go on with what you were doing" and sits there.

>I think my confusion is, the Nomad mythmaker does not target, but the
>Aura might??

Understood. But: it does not do so. You do have to pick a creature that the
Aura can _enchant_ - you can't put it into play on something it can't
enchant, like a creature with "Protection from <color>" for the enchantment's
color - but that has nothing to do with targetting, and all Dense Foliage
stops is targetting of creatures from spells.

Dave

Thanks for the answers everyone! =) Now I can build my myth maker deck!