Temporary sync with Palm Desktop instead of Outlook?

July 15, 2005 2:16:35 AM

In trying to figure out why I cannot import CityTime data from the memo
pad, the developer is telling me to copy them into Palm Desktop instead
of Outlook and sync to the handheld, and it will work.

Well, I don't even have the Palm Desktop conduits installed. When I
installed the Palm Desktop 4.1.4 that came with my Treo 650, it was
only to have the Media sync, all of my PIM data syncs with Outlook. I
installed the Outlook conduits supplied by Palm, and then purchased and
installed the Pocket Mirror XT conduits from Chapura. My desktop is
WinXP.

If I re-run the installer to install the Palm Desktop conduits, will it
merely replace the Palm Outlook conduits, or will I have to then
re-install the Pocket Mirror conduits to change back?

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"I suppose there'll be a war now, hmm? All that running around and
shooting one another. You would have thought sooner or later it would
go out of fashion." (Amb. Mollari, B5 "The Gathering")
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 7:54:54 AM

In article <lo6ed1h9oraedn4tuhh6ben81j0o2cg57c@news20.forteinc.com>,
cspp@gordol.org says...

> In trying to figure out why I cannot import CityTime data from the memo
> pad, the developer is telling me to copy them into Palm Desktop instead
> of Outlook and sync to the handheld, and it will work.
>
> Well, I don't even have the Palm Desktop conduits installed. When I
> installed the Palm Desktop 4.1.4 that came with my Treo 650, it was
> only to have the Media sync, all of my PIM data syncs with Outlook. I
> installed the Outlook conduits supplied by Palm, and then purchased and
> installed the Pocket Mirror XT conduits from Chapura. My desktop is
> WinXP.
>
> If I re-run the installer to install the Palm Desktop conduits, will it
> merely replace the Palm Outlook conduits, or will I have to then
> re-install the Pocket Mirror conduits to change back?

Have you tried 'OutlookSwitcher.exe', it's on the install CD of newer
models in the 'Postinstall' directory. It toggles all the PIM conduits
between Palm and Outlook and back again.

--
Jim Anderson
( 8(|) To email me just pull my_finger

It is alleged that Jim Anderson claimed:

; Have you tried 'OutlookSwitcher.exe', it's on the install CD of newer
; models in the 'Postinstall' directory. It toggles all the PIM conduits
; between Palm and Outlook and back again.

Never heard of it. Does it coexist with the Pocket Mirror conduits?

IAE, after a few days of nothing,I broke down and re-ran the Palm
Desktop installer to change to the Palm Desktop conduits. Which
removed my Pocket Mirror conduits. It made no different to the problem
at hand, so when I was done, I reinstalled the Pocket Mirror set.

I suppose that now means that I can switch back and forth at will,
since the Palm conduits are still listed in my Hotsync Manager.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"I want us to be what we used to be. I want... I want it all back the
way that it was!" (Amb. Mollari, B5 "Signs and Portents")
July 21, 2005 6:07:42 AM

In article <12snd1pelhlvledfsk7jofd8t2tofp3hpm@news20.forteinc.com>,
cspp@gordol.org says...

> It is alleged that Jim Anderson claimed:
>
> ; Have you tried 'OutlookSwitcher.exe', it's on the install CD of newer
> ; models in the 'Postinstall' directory. It toggles all the PIM conduits
> ; between Palm and Outlook and back again.
>
> Never heard of it. Does it coexist with the Pocket Mirror conduits?
>
> IAE, after a few days of nothing,I broke down and re-ran the Palm
> Desktop installer to change to the Palm Desktop conduits. Which
> removed my Pocket Mirror conduits. It made no different to the problem
> at hand, so when I was done, I reinstalled the Pocket Mirror set.
>
> I suppose that now means that I can switch back and forth at will,
> since the Palm conduits are still listed in my Hotsync Manager.

Sorry, no. It is made by Palm to switch between Desktop and Palm Outlook
conduits.

If using PocketMirror, I fear you will have to manually set the
conduits.

--
Jim Anderson
( 8(|) To email me just pull my_finger
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 6:02:29 PM

It is alleged that Jim Anderson claimed:

; > IAE, after a few days of nothing,I broke down and re-ran the Palm
; > Desktop installer to change to the Palm Desktop conduits. Which
; > removed my Pocket Mirror conduits. It made no different to the problem
; > at hand, so when I was done, I reinstalled the Pocket Mirror set.
; >
;
; Sorry, no. It is made by Palm to switch between Desktop and Palm Outlook
; conduits.
;
; If using PocketMirror, I fear you will have to manually set the
; conduits.

Well, yeah, obviously I'll have to reset the conduits. What I meant is
that now that I have the PM conduits for Outlook and the PD conduits
for Palm Desktop, I +can+ change them so I can synch with either one as
needed.

BTW, I had the Outlook conduits from Palm installed originally, and
only switched to the PM conduits when I noticed that several of my
Calendar (DateBk5) entries were losing links and repeat info, and I had
also lost several Contacts. Fortunately, I still had my old device and
not yet wiped it, so I was able to recover the missing Contacts.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"May I have your attention please. In the last few hours we have
learned that warships are coming this way from Earth. Their orders are
to seize command of Babylon 5 by force. As Commanding Officer and
Military Governor of Babylon 5, I cannot allow this to happen." (Capt.
Sheridan, B5 "Severed Dreams")
!