Netstat strange connection

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello everybody

I just ran a netstat and it showed some strange connections
>From my computer at ports 1057, 1063 and 1178 or
ool-4355da12.dyn.optonline.net:6667

Could it be spyware? I used Microsoft Anty spyware and it didnt show
anything

Any ideas,
Thanks,
-Dan

compare the PID to that of the command: TASKLIST /SVC

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Dan" <gamesstate@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1110581083.645706.225970@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hello everybody
>
> I just ran a netstat and it showed some strange connections
>>From my computer at ports 1057, 1063 and 1178 or
> ool-4355da12.dyn.optonline.net:6667
>
> Could it be spyware? I used Microsoft Anty spyware and it didnt show
> anything
>
> Any ideas,
> Thanks,
> -Dan

run netstat with -on, this will give you a PID for every connection
(what process that has the connection going on). Go to the task manager
and enable showing of PID in the show columns menu and compare. 6667 is
most likely your irc connection, unless you don't run irc, and in that
case it might be worth looking up.. the other ports i don't know about
and i wont look it up either :p

--
Hw2k