Instant Messenger removal

Rich

Is it possible to either uninstall, remove, or just delete Instant Messenger
without effecting other programs or total meltdown of the system? I am
running XP Home Edition.

You really cant "uninstall instant message" from messenger,however if you
edit the contacts and delete that instant message contact,its no longer valid
and wont show or run anymore.

"Rich" wrote:

> Is it possible to either uninstall, remove, or just delete Instant Messenger
> without effecting other programs or total meltdown of the system? I am
> running XP Home Edition.

http://www.grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm
peterk
"Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to either uninstall, remove, or just delete Instant
> Messenger
> without effecting other programs or total meltdown of the system? I am
> running XP Home Edition.

Go to Start/Run, and type: "rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection BLC.Remove 128 %SystemRoot%\INF\msmsgs.inf"

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

Rich Wrote:
> Is it possible to either uninstall, remove, or just delete Instant
> Messenger
> without effecting other programs or total meltdown of the system? I am
> running XP Home Edition.

Copy and paste this entry below in the Start, Run, dialogue box and say
ok.

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection
%windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Treeman

--
Treeman

Treeman Wrote:
> Copy and paste this entry below in the Start, Run, dialogue box and say
> ok.
>
> RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection
> %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
>
> Treeman

Sorry the command was split by the advertisement on the side of the
page:
The %winder%\INF portion are joined as one complete command.
Treeman

--
Treeman