MSBN problem first reported on 7-19-04 with NO REPLIES???

My computer continously tells me that there is an update
available for my computer. Version 2.2. It wants to
change from 2.2.0.638 to 2.2.0.731. HOWEVER, every time I
run the upgrade (with anti-virus off, log station closed,
NO Firewalls, and no VPN connections), it errors out. It
gives me the chance to reset every time, but it still will
not work. It runs fine without the update, so I'm
wondering if I really need it.

Why are the problems picked and choosed from? Every time I log on, I get a
message asking me to update the software, but every time that I try, the
program errors out. Tim Kelvie...
2 answers Last reply
More about msbn problem reported replies

    If you are updating a Microsoft Wireless Base Station (MN-
    700), you must run the Update Wizard from a computer that
    connects to the base station with an Ethernet cable.

    If you are updating a Microsoft base station or Xbox
    Wireless Adapter, we recommend that you disable any
    firewall software on your computer before running the
    Update Wizard. You do not need to disable Windows
    Firewall. If you do not disable other firewall software,
    the Update Wizard might not be able to update your
    device. Some examples of popular firewall software
    include:

    Internet Connection Firewall. For information about
    updating Microsoft Windows XP to use Windows Firewall, go
    to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    Norton Internet Security
    Norton Personal Firewall
    ZoneAlarm
    Log off the base station management tool.

    Thank you for answering Gary, but the problem is still there. I am updating
    the software for a Microsoft MN-500 base station. Every time I reboot the
    computer, it tells me that there is a critical update available. I have
    saved the program to hard drive and run it in safe mode and it still will not
    update. I have turned off Norton Anti-Virus, I do not use any firewall
    software other than Windows XP (of which I have disabled for the update), and
    the computer is hooked up to the base station with an ethernet connection. I
    have temporarily even removed all of the other ethernet connections to do the
    update and it still does not work. Tim...

    "Gary" wrote:

    > If you are updating a Microsoft Wireless Base Station (MN-
    > 700), you must run the Update Wizard from a computer that
    > connects to the base station with an Ethernet cable.
    >
    > If you are updating a Microsoft base station or Xbox
    > Wireless Adapter, we recommend that you disable any
    > firewall software on your computer before running the
    > Update Wizard. You do not need to disable Windows
    > Firewall. If you do not disable other firewall software,
    > the Update Wizard might not be able to update your
    > device. Some examples of popular firewall software
    > include:
    >
    > Internet Connection Firewall. For information about
    > updating Microsoft Windows XP to use Windows Firewall, go
    > to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    > Norton Internet Security
    > Norton Personal Firewall
    > ZoneAlarm
    > Log off the base station management tool.

Routers Computers Networking