RE5, can it be played in my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orestesdd

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
OK, I want to play RE5 on my laptop, but before I buy it I need to be sure I can actually play it. According to amazon.com, these are the recommended specs to play this game (RE5 = Resident Evil 5):

OS: Windows XP / Vista --[My laptop runs Windows 7 Pro 64-bit]
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Processor or higher --[My laptop has an Intel Core™ i7-2630QM @ 2.00 GHz]
RAM: XP: 1GB or more / Vista: 2GB RAM or more. --[My laptop has 8GB RAM]
Video Card: 512MB VRAM*3 or more, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 series or higher --[a]

What bothers me is trying to compare [a] with the NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M with 1GB of GDDR3 discrete graphics memory, which my laptop has. Is this actually higher than NVIDIA GeForce 9800 series? Other than this issue, I don't see a problem playing this game, does anyone?

So can I play RE5 using my laptop? Thanks and sorry for my stupid long question.

Solution

kelthic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Solution

orestesdd

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Thanks a lot for your quick answer. I guess I could buy the game I play it on my laptop, but eventually it will have to be played on a desktop with more video power. With God's help, I may build a desktop by the end of this year capable to play this game and some other like FF XIV online.

orestesdd

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I just tried RE5 benchmark on my laptop, and it does play very well. The fps rate goes from 45 to as high as 65 during the whole playing of all the areas covered by the benchmark. Anyhow thanks, and I hope this help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.