Are Anthologies cards tournament legal ?

Hello,
I have a Brushlands which seems to be from the Anthologies set. Are
these cards tournament legal ?
I guess so, since they have a regular magic card back, but I thought I
ask anyway.
Thanks for your answer,
Paul

Maz

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

paul.debakker@skynet.be schrieb:
> Hello,
> I have a Brushlands which seems to be from the Anthologies set. Are
> these cards tournament legal ?
> I guess so, since they have a regular magic card back, but I thought I
> ask anyway.
> Thanks for your answer,
> Paul

All cards from Anthologies have been printed in regular sets, so all of
them are legal for tournament play (if the regular set itself is legal
in the appropriate type).

Chances are suprisingly good that was not wearing pants when he or she
said:
> Hello,
> I have a Brushlands which seems to be from the Anthologies set. Are
> these cards tournament legal ?
> I guess so, since they have a regular magic card back, but I thought I
> ask anyway.
> Thanks for your answer,

If it has a normal card back, a normal card front (or is one of a few
special cases like Un-set lands and textless spells), and either white
or black borders, it is tournament legal, with the usual proviso that it
must have the same name as a card in a legal set for that particular
tournament format. (So your Brushland would be fine in Standard now that
Brushland has been reprinted in 9E, but would *not* have been Standard-
legal a couple of months ago, for example.)

paul.debakker@skynet.be <paul.debakker@skynet.be> wrote:
>Hello,
>I have a Brushlands which seems to be from the Anthologies set. Are
>these cards tournament legal ?

If a Brushland is legal in your tournament type, then one from Anthologies is
legal, yes. (If it's not a legal card to start with, then it doesn't matter
what set or boxed set it might be from.)

Dave

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:23:41 +0200, Maz <nospamMazworld@gmx.de> wrote:

>paul.debakker@skynet.be schrieb:
>> Hello,
>> I have a Brushlands which seems to be from the Anthologies set. Are
>> these cards tournament legal ?
>> I guess so, since they have a regular magic card back, but I thought I
>> ask anyway.
>> Thanks for your answer,
>> Paul
>>

>All cards from Anthologies have been printed in regular sets, so all of
>them are legal for tournament play (if the regular set itself is legal
>in the appropriate type).

Its simple to work out if a card is legal for a particular tournament:
Does it have a normal card back (and white or black borders (or grey
if the tournament allows for un*))
Was a Card with that english name printed in a set that is legal for
the tournament

if you can answer yes to both then its a legal card.