How do I get XP to recognize a Plug and Play monitor?

I'm running a dual monitor setup, with XP SP2, one AGP and one PCI adapters.
Main display is a PanaSync Pro110i, which is correctly identified by XP as a
Plug and Play, but the second monitor, a PanaSync SL95, which is also Plug
and Play, is installed by XP as a Default monitor type, which restricts what
can be done, and in particular gives a problem when the latest driver for
the secondary adapter (ATI Radeon 7500) is installed, causing flickering on
the secondary display, even though it's set to 85 Hz refresh - I have to use
an older driver to make the display actually use 85 Hz, and I think the
driver may be causing intermittent restarts. I've tried all sorts of things
to force XP to recognize the SL95 as a Plug and Play, but no luck. All help
and suggestions much appreciated.

TIA

Dan
--
Dan E
webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com

Just because it is "Plug and Play" doesn't mean XP has the proper driver to
install and run it with "all" available configurable options.
I know for a fact XP doesn't have the drivers for my NEC MultiSync LCD
monitors (they both show up as "Default Monitor"), but I did go to the NEC
site and downloaded the correct driver and ICM files for it. Once
installed, all video card/monitor functionality was available, not to
mention the screen colors matched my printer colors.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"

"Dan E" <webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com> wrote in message
> I'm running a dual monitor setup, with XP SP2, one AGP and one PCI
adapters.
> Main display is a PanaSync Pro110i, which is correctly identified by XP as
> Plug and Play, but the second monitor, a PanaSync SL95, which is also Plug
> and Play, is installed by XP as a Default monitor type, which restricts
what
> can be done, and in particular gives a problem when the latest driver for
> the secondary adapter (ATI Radeon 7500) is installed, causing flickering
on
> the secondary display, even though it's set to 85 Hz refresh - I have to
use
> an older driver to make the display actually use 85 Hz, and I think the
> driver may be causing intermittent restarts. I've tried all sorts of
things
> to force XP to recognize the SL95 as a Plug and Play, but no luck. All
help
> and suggestions much appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Dan
> --
> Dan E
> webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com

OK - thanks, AQ. I did download the latest ATI Radeon drivers and tried
with them (had to rollback the driver), but I guess I need drivers for the
monitor, too. Unfortunately it appears there are no drivers for the
PanaSync SL95 out there. Do you know of any source of monitor drivers?

TIA,

Dan

Thanks
"Admiral Q" <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NOSPAM)@(SPAMNOT)hotmail.com> wrote in