Search returns multiple listings

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

If I do a search to find something, such as a excel file with "booklist" in
the title, I get three results that all refer to the same file and location.
If there was a booklist2 I would end up with six results.
Any reason why?
TIA
Mel

It's very possible that they are previous copies, older
versions of the same file with a different extension.
What is the extension on each file ? You won't know if
you have "Hide Extensions for Known File Types" checked in
the Folder Options, View tab, in Control Panel. Uncheck
it and look at the file names again.

Good Luck !

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

They are all the exact same name, folder, type "xls", size, and same
modification date.
However I did note that CAB files with the search word included only turns
up one listing each.
strange
Mel