NTLDR is Missing

Hello all,
I've been upgrading a computer for my daughter, taking the harddrive, nic,
floppy from her Compaq and putting them into a new case with new motherboard
and video. I finally got everything to power up, boot, video, everything
doing what it should,,,,except....I get NTLDR is Missing error on start up.
I've tried copying the ntldr aand ntdetect files without success. The drive
is a Western Digital, formatted fat32 with XP pro sp1. I'd like to know if
there's a way to get the drive booting into windows again, without a full
reinstall.
Thanks in advance for any help!!
Phil

Changing a Motherboard or Moving a Hard Drive with XP Installed
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch