desktop changing

Does anyone know where XP Pro keeps the desktop settings??? I know where
the dir is but sometimes software reconfigures it and I hate moving all the
icons back. Looking for a way to backup the desktop icon placement for easy
renewal.
TIA, Barrie

Barrie Hiern wrote:
> Does anyone know where XP Pro keeps the desktop settings??? I know
> where the dir is but sometimes software reconfigures it and I hate
> moving all the icons back. Looking for a way to backup the desktop
> icon placement for easy renewal.

Does this happen with all users?
You can find a freeware desktop placement application.. Some video card
drivers have these built in even.

--
<- Shenan ->

I'm the only user and since posting I've found software at
http://www.softheap.com that can back it up. It's shareware and I've only
had it for about 10 minutes. i.e. I'm not pushing their product; it's the
first one I've found that works!
Barrie