Hi,

Unstable Shapeshifter triggers from itself coming into play.
So when its CIP ability has resolved, does it have its ability twice?

David, Last year there was a thread about something similar. You said
US didn't get its ability twice when a second US came into play. But
you couldn't explain it because it was still being discussed. Did
anything come out of that discussion?

Unstable Shapeshifter
{3}{U}
Creature -- Shapeshifter
0/1
Whenever a creature comes into play, ~this~ becomes a copy of that
creature and gains this ability. (This effect doesn't copy counters on
the creature.)

--
David

On 26 Sep 2005 00:09:22 -0700, David de Kloet <dskloet@gmail.com> wrote:
>Unstable Shapeshifter triggers from itself coming into play.
>So when its CIP ability has resolved, does it have its ability twice?
>
>David, Last year there was a thread about something similar. You said
>US didn't get its ability twice when a second US came into play. But
>you couldn't explain it because it was still being discussed. Did
>anything come out of that discussion?

Not that I know of... I can check again, but it may still be lost in the
shuffle-and-search, so to speak.

Dave

David DeLaney schreef:

> On 26 Sep 2005 00:09:22 -0700, David de Kloet <dskloet@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Unstable Shapeshifter triggers from itself coming into play.
> >So when its CIP ability has resolved, does it have its ability twice?
> >
> >David, Last year there was a thread about something similar. You said
> >US didn't get its ability twice when a second US came into play. But
> >you couldn't explain it because it was still being discussed. Did
> >anything come out of that discussion?
>
> Not that I know of... I can check again, but it may still be lost in the
> shuffle-and-search, so to speak.

But will it get its ability twice?

--
David

David de Kloet <dskloet@gmail.com> wrote:
>David DeLaney schreef:
>> On 26 Sep 2005 00:09:22 -0700, David de Kloet <dskloet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >Unstable Shapeshifter triggers from itself coming into play.
>> >So when its CIP ability has resolved, does it have its ability twice?
>> >
>> >David, Last year there was a thread about something similar. You said
>> >US didn't get its ability twice when a second US came into play. But
>> >you couldn't explain it because it was still being discussed. Did
>> >anything come out of that discussion?
>>
>> Not that I know of... I can check again, but it may still be lost in the
>> shuffle-and-search, so to speak.
>
>But will it get its ability twice?

As I said, nothing I know of came of the discussion, and last I -remember-
before that the answer was the same as Doppelganger copying itself, that
it would do so. I can ask, as I said. Note that, of course, the first time
it copies anything OTHER THAN itself, it loses this peculiarity - for
US, it loses it for good (though the second copy effect will still be resolving
in a moment).

Dave