Breath of Fury/Master Warcraft

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 27, 2005 9:49:33 AM

***
Breath of Fury {2RR}
Enchantment - Aura
Ravnica Rare
- Enchant creature you control
- When enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, sacrifice it
and attach Breath of Fury to a creature you control. If you do, untap
all creatures you control and after this phase, there is an additional
combat phase.
***
Master Warcraft {2[RW]}
Instant
Ravnica Rare
- ([RW] can be paid with either R or W.)
- Play Master Warcraft only before attackers are declared.
- You choose which creatures attack this turn. You choose how each
creature blocks this turn.
***

If, one my turn, I play Master Warcraft, then use Breath of Fury on one
of my creatures, do I make all the decisions for each Combat Phase? I
believe I do (I mean, why wouldn't I?), but just checking. I could
choose for my opponents to not block at all, and just hammer them over
and over and over... Sweet.

Peter
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 12:18:50 PM

It says 'this turn' so I'd say so too. But not 100% sure either.
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 10:08:12 PM

On 27 Sep 2005 05:49:33 -0700, Risser <knucklehead000@yahoo.com> wrote:
>***
>Breath of Fury {2RR} Enchantment - Aura
>- Enchant creature you control
>- When enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, sacrifice it
>and attach Breath of Fury to a creature you control. If you do, untap
>all creatures you control and after this phase, there is an additional
>combat phase.
>***
>Master Warcraft {2[RW]} Instant
>- ([RW] can be paid with either R or W.)
>- Play Master Warcraft only before attackers are declared.
>- You choose which creatures attack this turn. You choose how each
>creature blocks this turn.
>***
>
>If, one my turn, I play Master Warcraft, then use Breath of Fury on one
>of my creatures, do I make all the decisions for each Combat Phase?

Yes. Master Warcraft doesn't say "in the next Combat phase this turn" or
"in this Combat phase". Its effect changes the rules for this turn so that
you, rather than the player(s) that would normally do so, declare attackers
and blockers, any time this turn that happens to occur.

>I could
>choose for my opponents to not block at all, and just hammer them over
>and over and over... Sweet.

That's possible, sure.

Dave
September 28, 2005 10:34:20 AM

>***
>Breath of Fury {2RR} Enchantment - Aura
>- Enchant creature you control
>- When enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, sacrifice it
>and attach Breath of Fury to a creature you control. If you do, untap
>all creatures you control and after this phase, there is an additional
>combat phase.
>***
>Master Warcraft {2[RW]} Instant
>- ([RW] can be paid with either R or W.)
>- Play Master Warcraft only before attackers are declared.
>- You choose which creatures attack this turn. You choose how each
>creature blocks this turn.
>***

>If, one my turn, I play Master Warcraft, then use Breath of Fury on one
>of my creatures, do I make all the decisions for each Combat Phase?

Yes. Master Warcraft doesn't say "in the next Combat phase this turn"
or
"in this Combat phase". Its effect changes the rules for this turn so
that
you, rather than the player(s) that would normally do so, declare
attackers
and blockers, any time this turn that happens to occur.

>I could
>choose for my opponents to not block at all, and just hammer them over
>and over and over... Sweet.

That's possible, sure.

Dave
--

Hmmmm, careful here. Just for the sake of nitpicking, I'd like to
point out that "all decisions" doesn't include things like how trample

James "Programmers take words literally"
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 5:57:25 PM

Hampmeister@gmail.com <Hampmeister@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Breath of Fury {2RR} Enchantment - Aura
>>- Enchant creature you control
>>- When enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, sacrifice it
>>and attach Breath of Fury to a creature you control. If you do, untap
>>all creatures you control and after this phase, there is an additional
>>combat phase.
>>***
>>Master Warcraft {2[RW]} Instant
>>- ([RW] can be paid with either R or W.)
>>- Play Master Warcraft only before attackers are declared.
>>- You choose which creatures attack this turn. You choose how each
>>creature blocks this turn.
>>***
>
>>I could
>>choose for my opponents to not block at all, and just hammer them over
>>and over and over... Sweet.
>
>That's possible, sure.

Forgot to note - although you lose one of your creatures each time, to the
Breath resolving, so eventually you run out of creatures to hammer with and
the cycle winds down.

>Hmmmm, careful here. Just for the sake of nitpicking, I'd like to
>point out that "all decisions" doesn't include things like how trample
>damage is assigned or whether opponent gets to draw a card from
>Ophidian, which clearly MW doesn't cover. People might start treating
>MW as a sort of Mindslaver of combat if they read too much into this
>answer.

Oh - sure, yes. All it lets you do is declare attackers and declare blockers,
not anything else. It's just that that's way more than any one person can
usually do in a Combat phase.

Dave
September 29, 2005 1:09:41 AM

David DeLaney <dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com> wrote:

> Hampmeister@gmail.com <Hampmeister@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>Breath of Fury {2RR} Enchantment - Aura
> >>- Enchant creature you control
> >>- When enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, sacrifice it
> >>and attach Breath of Fury to a creature you control. If you do, untap
> >>all creatures you control and after this phase, there is an additional
> >>combat phase.
> >>***
> >>Master Warcraft {2[RW]} Instant
> >>- ([RW] can be paid with either R or W.)
> >>- Play Master Warcraft only before attackers are declared.
> >>- You choose which creatures attack this turn. You choose how each
> >>creature blocks this turn.
> >>***
> >
> >>I could
> >>choose for my opponents to not block at all, and just hammer them over
> >>and over and over... Sweet.
> >
> >That's possible, sure.
>
> Forgot to note - although you lose one of your creatures each time, to the
> Breath resolving, so eventually you run out of creatures to hammer with and
> the cycle winds down.

Unless you add something like Kiki-Jiki to the combo. Of course, this
is leaving the topic of .rules.
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@iquest.net