Constant 10-15% CPU Usage

I've just noticed in the Windows Task Manager Performance the CPU usage
is reading at a sustained 10-15%, but in the Processes list, they all
read 0 CPU time except of course the System Idle Process which reads
99.

I have an asus a8n-sli with an AMD 3500+ and am running Windows XP x64
edition.

I googled around and found it may have something to do with the the
ACPI interface, but I don't know too much about that. I changed the
power scheme to "Home/Office Desk" from "Minimal Power Management"
which changed the CPU usage from hovering at 20-25% to its current
status.

I'm just wondering if this CPU usage is normal. Thanks.

johnf

Your CPU usage is showing at 1% which is normal - what are worried about?

--

johnf

> I've just noticed in the Windows Task Manager Performance the CPU usage
> is reading at a sustained 10-15%, but in the Processes list, they all
> read 0 CPU time except of course the System Idle Process which reads
> 99.
>
> I have an asus a8n-sli with an AMD 3500+ and am running Windows XP x64
> edition.
>
> I googled around and found it may have something to do with the the
> ACPI interface, but I don't know too much about that. I changed the
> power scheme to "Home/Office Desk" from "Minimal Power Management"
> which changed the CPU usage from hovering at 20-25% to its current
> status.
>
> I'm just wondering if this CPU usage is normal. Thanks.

be happy about it running low, unless its making your computer slower by not
going higher....