can't load windvd software!

hello,

I put a legit winDVD4 startup disk in my emachine computer. While trying to
run the setup wizard an error pops up stating "this is not a qualified compaq
solution". Im running windows XP (home) and need this installed so I could
watch DVD's on the computer. Any way to install this?

thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about load windvd software

    Shauny,

    That error you're receiving makes it sound like you have a Compaq computer.
    It looks like the disc you're trying to use is an OEM version of WinDVD from
    a Compaq computer. OEM software is usually tied to the hardware it came
    bundled with. Your next option would be to try a trial version of WinDVD
    from the site itself. I'm sure there's a newer version than 4 anyways :-)
    Website is www.intervideo.com.

    HTH,
    Newtechie

    "shauny" <shauny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hello,
    >
    > I put a legit winDVD4 startup disk in my emachine computer. While trying
    > run the setup wizard an error pops up stating "this is not a qualified
    > compaq
    > solution". Im running windows XP (home) and need this installed so I
    > could
    > watch DVD's on the computer. Any way to install this?
    >
    > thanks

Computers Software Windows XP