Whenever I click on a html link to a file and right click and choose "Save
Target As...", my computer is taking an extremely long time to open "Save as"
dialog box. It doesn't matter if the html file is from the Internet or one on
my desktop. It also doesn't matter if the file I'm trying to save is from the
Internet or already on my computer. (I wrote a html file just to test this
problem locally.) It always takes a long time. Sometimes over one minute.

Anybody have a solution?

Background information. I had a nasty run-in with a backdoor virus
(crjd32.exe) which left my system in a complete mess. This is one of the last
remaining problems I have. The virus has been completely removed. I no longer
have any restore points to roll-back my system to.

Why don't you just copy / paste?
If I highlight *.html + right click, I do not get Save As option, uppercase
or
not. If I'm editing .html in *notepad, the File dropdown allows Save As and
the popup allows txt save etc.; Encoding Box allows ansi, unicode, unicode
big endian and utf-8.
Maybe it is having trouble with "Encoders"?
*If you are saving out of other than notepad, that might be problem.
Hmm, I have to say, Black Wolf Standing, one learns something every day; I
never heard of Unicode Big Endian before.
Also check Tools->FolderOptions->FileTypes->HTML

"Black Wolf Standing" wrote:

> Whenever I click on a html link to a file and right click and choose "Save
> Target As...", my computer is taking an extremely long time to open "Save as"
> dialog box. It doesn't matter if the html file is from the Internet or one on
> my desktop. It also doesn't matter if the file I'm trying to save is from the
> Internet or already on my computer. (I wrote a html file just to test this
> problem locally.) It always takes a long time. Sometimes over one minute.
>
> Anybody have a solution?
>
> Background information. I had a nasty run-in with a backdoor virus
> (crjd32.exe) which left my system in a complete mess. This is one of the last
> remaining problems I have. The virus has been completely removed. I no longer
> have any restore points to roll-back my system to.

Hi Will,
You're misreading the problem. I don't have any problems writing or editing

The problem comes from if I right click on the above link when the above
html file is opened in <insert your favorite browser here>. I choose "Save
Target As" and the "Save As" dialog box opens giving me a chance to choose
where I want to save the file and if I want to save the file using a
different name.

But thanks for your effort. All help is appreciated.