WordPerfect 12 bug me screen

Anyone know how to get rid of the bug me screen that pops up periodically
when starting WP12 asking me to buy the full suite?

Ike

Other than the obvious of buying the darn thing, I would consider uninstalling
it, then downloading and installing OpenOffice. If someone is going to use a
non-Microsoft product, it might as well be a truly free one, rather than
nagware... Ben Myers

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:08:40 GMT, "Ira Hayes" <redmanospam@xxxhotmail.com>
wrote:

>Anyone know how to get rid of the bug me screen that pops up periodically
>when starting WP12 asking me to buy the full suite?
>
>Ike

I have WP12 installed, and have no messages asking me to buy a "full
suite" -- do you have trialware installed?

Paul Riemerman

"Paul Riemerman" <parNOT55@tds.net> wrote in message
> "Ira Hayes" <redmanospam@xxxhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Anyone know how to get rid of the bug me screen that pops up periodically
>> when starting WP12 asking me to buy the full suite?
>>
>> Ike

>I have WP12 installed, and have no messages asking me to buy a "full
>suite" -- do you have trialware installed?
>
> Paul Riemerman

No, actually I had uninstalled the preloaded WP12 s/w-- then changed my mind
about wanting it and reinstalled it from the Dell-supplied CD ROM a few
weeks later.

Ike

"Ira Hayes" <redmanospam@xxxhotmail.com> wrote:

>"Paul Riemerman" <parNOT55@tds.net> wrote:

>> "Ira Hayes" <redmanospam@xxxhotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Anyone know how to get rid of the bug me screen that pops up periodically
>>> when starting WP12 asking me to buy the full suite?

>>I have WP12 installed, and have no messages asking me to buy a "full
>>suite" -- do you have trialware installed?

>No, actually I had uninstalled the preloaded WP12 s/w-- then changed my mind
>about wanting it and reinstalled it from the Dell-supplied CD ROM a few
>weeks later.

And, of course, the few weeks later that you changed your mind
took you beyond 90-days of purchase? A call to Dell tech support
won't help, IIRC. Limit was 90 days on the s/w packages
installed. After that you're on your own.

I'd ask on the Dell Forums, there's got to be an appropriate one.
I can't look anything up in my copy of WP, since my Dell(s) came
with MS Office, my copy of WP is WP 9, and was bought
independently as part of the complete WPOffice suite. [I also
have a copy of the Lotus Office suite - I consult, and it helps
have compatible office suites to match the client's choice.]
--
OJ III