Tom's is on Twitter; Follow Us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]We're just trying something new, here. If twitter isn't your thing, no one is going to strap you to a chair and force you to follow us.[/citation]

Damn that was my fantasy btw Jane

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Don't be silly Jane, if its not a game or it doesn't come out of Redmond then most of the commenters on here would rather hurl poo at you than try something new!

I was wondering when you guys would start using your Tom's line of Twitter accounts. They've been active for what, five months now?

fooldog01

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
I really do detest Twitter. With that it mind, IF I used Twitter I would definitely subscribe to this. See? Twitter haters can be polite!

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]fooldog01[/nom]I really do detest Twitter. With that it mind, IF I used Twitter I would definitely subscribe to this. See? Twitter haters can be polite![/citation]

You guys are few and far apart. :)

[citation][nom]arvedui[/nom]I rather like twitter.[/citation]

Then join the (mildly entertaining) party![citation][nom]spanky deluxe[/nom]Don't be silly Jane, if its not a game or it doesn't come out of Redmond then most of the commenters on here would rather hurl poo at you than try something new!I was wondering when you guys would start using your Tom's line of Twitter accounts. They've been active for what, five months now?[/citation]

Yeah, since October. Don't look at me, I didn't even know we'd signed up until today. :)

fuser

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
What is gained by following anyone on Twitter? Please help me understand this "new" technology. CNN.com drank the Kool-aide about two months ago and I can barely bring myself to visit that site now.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]You guys are few and far apart.[/citation]

Just wait until they see what Twitter client you're using... :p

This is great work that you're all doing expanding into Twitter. I'm sure there will be a lot of people very interested in this, I know there are a *lot* of silent readers out there who will definitely use this. Good stuff!

fuser

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]spanky deluxe[/nom]... I know there are a *lot* of silent readers out there who will definitely use this. Good stuff![/citation]
Because you've counted them?

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]fuser[/nom]What is gained by following anyone on Twitter? Please help me understand this "new" technology. CNN.com drank the Kool-aide about two months ago and I can barely bring myself to visit that site now.[/citation]

Think of it a bit like mini-rss - something which the geekier of geeks will have used. Twitter's basically a mix between short news feeds that could have been sent via rss and Facebook status updates. You wouldn't sign up to a BBC News friend on Facebook just to get news items piped through to you but you would add them on Twitter. Its basically a feed of short messages from whoever you want. Some people use it to follow friends, others use it to keep an eye on what's going on in certain businesses, others use it as a feed to know what's going on in their governments and others use it to get general news sent through to them from different sources that they're interested in, all to one place.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
Why do I think you had alot to do with this, jane? :p

I've checked it out a bit, but twitter is just not for me. Hopefully you guys have fun with it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.