Permanently assigning high priority to a program

When watching video on my PC I find I can eliminate any skips and
freezes by going into task manager and assigning its process to high
priority (in this case the program is VLC). Is there any way of setting
this program to always run a high priority ?

Any help appreciated.

--
Eps

Hi Andy,

You can use the Start command to launch an application with any Priority
Levels. Type "Start /?" in Command Prompt.

Microsoft Windows XP - Start:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/start.mspx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Andy Burchill" <bill.gates@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When watching video on my PC I find I can eliminate any skips and freezes
> by going into task manager and assigning its process to high priority (in
> this case the program is VLC). Is there any way of setting this program
> to always run a high priority ?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> --
> Eps

Edward

Thanks for the tip, Ramesh.

I want to increase the priority of the Indexing Service. Are their any
special concerns when using the START command with a Windows service?